Discussion topic: Apple Homepod won't connect to WiFI 31.01.2024

This message was authored by SFT01 This message was authored by: SFT01

Apple Homepod won't connect to WiFI 31.01.2024

Stopped working on 30.01.2024 around 18h and it worked in the morning of 31.01.2024 but again stopped working around 18h.

This is oviously issue on Sky's side, not Apple. 
I have tried to set up my Homepod using the hotspot on the second iPhone and everything works fine.

For me this is the reason to cancel the Sky contract, it just doesn't work.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Apple Homepod won't connect to WiFI 31.01.2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SFT01 if you cancel during your fixed term period Sky will charge you roughly 60% of the unused cost. Sky like all isps do not guarantee that every device a customer owns will connect. If you feel strongly raise a formal complaint and Sky may release you as a courtsey or if not then the independent arbitration stage might over rule them see  How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
SFT01
Topic Author
This message was authored by SFT01 This message was authored by: SFT01

Re: Apple Homepod won't connect to WiFI 31.01.2024

Thank you @Chrisee

I beleive that Sky will solve this. I hope that this is not their intentional action for some reason, like Homepods are loading the network or something like that. It would be bad if they did it on purpose without official announcement. 

Regards

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion