Discussion topic: No middle light after sky fiber installation

This message was authored by Perie This message was authored by: Perie

No middle light after sky fiber installation

After my installation of sky fiber the middle light won't come one open reach said it's got to switch over if it don't contact sky so I did spoke to a lady who to my my activation day is the 26 so it will come on any time up to midnight I said what if it don't come on she promised me it would come on?
so in the morning still no light I've gone through everything and done the test still no middle light my internet was fine before a bit slow but worked I wish I never agreed to it it's so frustrating I have 3d printers that rely on connections nothing is working don't change it's rubbish 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No middle light after sky fiber installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Perie  What service did you subscribe from Sky for your broadband and what router did Sky sipply from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No middle light after sky fiber installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Perie odd times things go wrong with 6 million customers inevitably some Sky connections wont work it is bad luck that you are in that small group. 

It is Openreach who handle activations not Sky the reason Sky could not help you yesterday is that Openreach will not have reported back to them at that point. This morning they should have that report and can take action to get the fault fixed. Either call Sky now or post again and a superuser can escalate your post which will take a few hours.

Its not 100% clear but if you do rely on your internet connection for business you are buying a domestic connection which does have a low priority for repairs either think about a fall back such as mobile data for periods when the Sky connection is down or buy a business servicecwhich has a better service level agreement.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion