Discussion topic: Sky Hub 2.0 middle light

This message was authored by Veyronn This message was authored by: Veyronn

Sky Hub 2.0 middle light

Hi,

There's been an ongoing issue with the SkyHub 2.0 my landlord's bought (with the astonishing 17mb/s speed). It's been like this for over 3 weeks now, Sky won't help me because the broadband is not in my name, and the landlord doesn't care. Mind you, I don't have any passwords or admin login. So I'm hoping to find the answers here. 

Basically what's been happening is that the middle light (Internet) either goes orange for a few minutes and then goes blank, or goes blank for a few minutes then goes back green, or goes blank for a few minutes and then orange and then blank and back to green again. The worst thing is that some days it happens every 15-20 minutes for hours straigh (I kid you not). It was okay for the past 3 days so I started playing my fave MMORPG, just to experience this out of nowhere today again (however this time it only dropped twice within 6 hours). 

I've tried hard reset, I've unplugged it for an hour and waited, I've checked all sockets, I phoned Sky several times hoping to speak to someone who will actually help me more than the person before but they seem to be helpless because I'm not the admin. Landlord's a d*ck so getting him to do anything about it also out of question. 

Please help 😞 If you need any stats or info please also let me know how to access it. Thank you!

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Sky Hub 2.0 middle light

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Veyronn I would be surprised if anyone will offer help as it would require accessing the router stats, your not entitled to have the login details as its not your account.

Its unfortunate but if your landlord isn't bothered by the issues then your stuck with them unless he will let you have a separate service installed where you are the account holder.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Hub 2.0 middle light

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Veyronn unfortunately Sky are barred from dealing with anyone but the account holder they are not being difficult its linked to the dreaded data protection law. From the limited information you have given it sounds like there is a fault on the line which no amount of rebooting etc can sort from your end.

If provision of internet service is part of your contract with your landlord then in theory you could sue him but that rarely works, not least as he is probably in breach of his contract with Sky if he is effectively reselling Sky's domestic broadband service which they dont allow.

Sorry but Inthink you are stuck.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion