Discussion topic: No internet service

This message was authored by chicken30 This message was authored by: chicken30

: No internet service

Apparently bt sorting been a fire somwere in Swadlincote and affected surrounding area tutbury etc 

This message was authored by Kuroneko This message was authored by: Kuroneko

Re: No internet service

Yes - there's a fire at the exchange in Swadlincote. Fire brigade and engineers onsite now apparently trying to get it under control. 

This message was authored by AhmedRashid24 This message was authored by: AhmedRashid24

Still no internet at 20.16.  I called Sky who reported an outage in the Burton and surrounding area.

This message was authored by jrh2254 This message was authored by: jrh2254

No service in Stretton , Burton on Trent. Seems to be the same issue as everyone else. Fire in Swad. 

This message was authored by Avfc1 This message was authored by: Avfc1

Rang sky sed there's a outrage in my area burton...and as its weekend could be Tuesday till working again

This message was authored by Marion6 This message was authored by: Marion6

Internet and phone down

Just a heads up peeps........ I'm in de12 area and my phone and internet are down/not working

just spoke to sky and they have told me there has been a fire at the exchange and all depending on the extent of the damage as to the repairs to get it back up and running....could take a few days is what they have told me.

so if your internet and phone is down this is why guys

This message was authored by Tammy101 This message was authored by: Tammy101

There is a fire at the exchange in Swadlincote both burton and Swad all have no landlines or internet

This message was authored by mmm2business This message was authored by: mmm2business

Oh gosh how am i going to open my business with no internet and kids need to do homework 

This message was authored by Piotr1 This message was authored by: Piotr1

To be honest i have done Sky test and it was saying no problem with connection but i have removed phone and broadband plugs from the socket to check what is the difference, This tests won't tell youbthe truth, only when i have called Sky it changed to red saying there is an issue. 

This message was authored by Piotr1 This message was authored by: Piotr1

DON'T FORGET everyone suppose to get regund for days when there is no broadband. That's what i have got last time.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Piotr1 wrote:

DON'T FORGET everyone suppose to get regund for days when there is no broadband. That's what i have got last time.

@Piotr1 and everyone else, please be aware the automatic compensation scheme doesn't start untill 2 working day after the issue is reported(weekends don't count), so if the issue is resolved before Wednesday you Probably won't be entitled to it.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by mmm2business This message was authored by: mmm2business

i’m gonna loose so much money if i have no wifi because it'll be so hard for me to open up my business as card machine wont even work without internet.  They need to give us compensation 

This message was authored by Marksparks This message was authored by: Marksparks

Re: : No internet service

Barton also blacked out 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mmm2business 

Sorry, no domestic ISP compensates for consequential losses, and you'd be hard pressed to find a business ISP which does so either even at a far higher monthly subscription rate: that's just not a reasonable expectation.  A business is expected to source its own fail-over technology for critical services or have insurance, and preferably both.

The Ofcom scheme mandates £9.33 per day, triggered two working days after a fault is reported (if it hasn't been resolved) and then back-dated: it's essentially an incentive for Openreach to hit targets rather than a realistic financial settlement.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by JB1877 This message was authored by: JB1877

Our landline and broadband is out also, we live in Measham which is an 01530 number at Coalville exchange 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion