Discussion topic: No ONT box at new house

This message was authored by Theemmag This message was authored by: Theemmag

No ONT box at new house

Hi guys just moved into a new house and there is no ONT box. I have sky tv now but no internet. I was told open reach would get in contact but they haven't. My switch on day was the 15th April and still no ONT box from open reach. Sky were informed of this but nothing has happened. So frustrating! Any help greatly appreciated. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: No ONT box at new house

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Theemmag an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Theemmag 

Could you enter your full postal address in the link below and copy and paste the notes below the availability table

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Theemmag
Topic Author

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Dpole Hoist required.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. A new ONT may be ordered.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.
Theemmag
Topic Author

Is that the info you need?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Theemmag 

"ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT."

Openreach are under the impression that an ont exists maybe previous owners took it with them .

Have a look for something like this

262.jpg

If its not there you would need to call sky or we can escalate it

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Theemmag
Topic Author

There is nothing at the house at all. It looks like it was taken when the house was sold. The sky engineer agreed. No ONT box at the property. I called Sky when I moved in to advise them of this and it's on my notes, but nothing has been ordered. Open reach have said that I need to contact Sky and ask them to order and arrange for fitting but nothing has been done. 

@Theemmag 

Throughout tomorrow keep logged onto the forum using a chrome browser

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or red and blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Theemmag
Topic Author

Ok thank you!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Theemmag 

"Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Dpole Hoist required.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. A new ONT may be ordered. "

So Openreach think there's a fibre circuit arriving from a pole (OH is 'overhead')

It would be worth you looking for this optical cable (thin black sheath with yellow stripe) arriving at eaves height, running down a wall to an external grey plastic box, and then entering through a hole to terminate at a green plastic jack plug. Unfortunately Dpole Hoist required indicates that there will probably be a significant delay if a new circuit is required.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Theemmag
Topic Author

But how do I get them to order the ONT box that goes inside my house? 

@Theemmag 

The community managers are going thru the escalations at the minute. Hopefully yours won't be too long

Theemmag
Topic Author

Excellent! Thank you. I just can't seem to get this sorted. I need the internet! 

@Theemmag 

Just have your account number at hand when you see the speach bubble.

Theemmag
Topic Author

So I'm trying to log in through goggle chrome so I can see the speech bubble and it will not load up. I can load up through Safari but can't see the speech bubble. .... pulling my hair out here!

@Theemmag 

Managers will post here to notify you once the invite has been sent

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion