Discussion topic: New FTTP install cost

This message was authored by Fran61 This message was authored by: Fran61

New FTTP install cost

FTTP has just become available for me.  Is there a charge to have the fibre cable run from the telegraph pole into my home? 

Will someone contact me before they put the outside box on the property to discuss where it will go?  I have external wall insulation and do not want them drilling through that, I need the cable to run around the eaves (bungalow) round the back of the property to a wall without external wall insulation.  Will they do that for me?

Best Answers
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966 Answer

Re: New FTTP install cost

I booked  my appointment  online  with the my sky app and sky booked the open reach engineer, it took the engineer  about 2 hours to  install  my fftp and he checked  it all was work OK before  he  left, hope your installation  goes  as well as my one did, 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

No  I had it installed  back in January  this year,  open  reach engineer  did  the  work 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

The engineer  I had install my fftp talked with me where I wanted the box outside  and the o n t box in the house 

Fran61
Topic Author

Many thanks for your helpful answers @peter-marlow+1966 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966 Answer

I booked  my appointment  online  with the my sky app and sky booked the open reach engineer, it took the engineer  about 2 hours to  install  my fftp and he checked  it all was work OK before  he  left, hope your installation  goes  as well as my one did, 

Fran61
Topic Author

All booked in for 15th April.   Thank you for your help.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fran61 slight word of caution while the standard installation is free it does have limitations. Sky do not ofer any options of customers being able to pay for a custom unstall.

For overhead installations the engineer will run a drop cable from the pole and attach it to your property. Normally they then run the drop cable down the wall and install a small grey connection box near ground level. The internal ONT unit is installed a few meters away and does need a hoke drilled through the wall for the special fibre connection cable.  The engineer will fit a plastic fitment to seal the hole both internally and externally which are pretty neat. The connecter is then run externally to the connection box  and the two fibre cables are fusion welded.. This work takes typically under 2 hours and in most caes done in one visit but sometimes it can take two visits..  

Your specific requirements maybe possible but discuss it with the engineer on the day as nobody can say certainly onecway or the other until the engineer is on site . Most are very helpful but they dont have unlimited time and tge cables are of fixed lengths so it may not be possible however but before dismissing any suggested alternative remember at some point the copper phone lines will be decommissioned and you will have no alternative if you want a fixed line service.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Fran61
Topic Author

@Chrisee thank you for your advice.   Fingers crossed it will be OK.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion