Discussion topic: My contract ends on 24 November and I do not want renew it with you

This message was authored by Azmaron This message was authored by: Azmaron

My contract ends on 24 November and I do not want renew it with you

Hi Sky

My contract come to its end on 24/11/2023 and the price you gave it to me is higher than the market so I do not want renew it and cancel it on the dsy expire, thsnks.

I look forward to have your response to buy a new contract from other broadband suppliers, thanks.

Regards

Mr Salaie

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: My contract ends on 24 November and I do not want renew it with you

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Azmaron 

If you want to move to another openreach isp then just contact them and they will do the switch for you.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Azmaron 
You aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is a forum where customers try to help other customers.

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

As stated by @cookiemonsteruk if you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.
You’ll need to return any loaned router to Sky, so it’s important you get proof of posting and keep it indefinitely. Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Azmaron legally your contract does not end on a set date. What is happening is the fixed period you commited to comes to an end and you can then switch suppliers with no penalty. If you don't exercise that option you remain on a rolling monthly contract which you have to give 14 days notice

Sky legally cannot accept cancellation via a forum post you either need to switch to another ISP using the Openreach line when they handle that for you or if you decide to move to a supplier like Virgin Media who use their own network you will need to call Sky yoursellf.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Azmaron
Topic Author
This message was authored by Azmaron This message was authored by: Azmaron

Hi

You did not ring me to renew my contract  then why you are not accepting to cancel it by emailing you to do so?

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Azmaron You can't email to cancel your service, you either have to call or use the messaging service.

If you are planning on moving to another supplier then just place an order with them, they will cancel your service with Sky as partbif the move(unless you move to Virgin Media or another provider who doesn't use the Openreach network, then you have to call Sky).

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Azmaron wrote:

You did not ring me to renew my contract  

As noted above, the contract does not need renewing because you agreed to have it continue on a rolling monthly basis (at higher cost) after the initial minimum period when you first signed up: that's typically the case for all ISPs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Azmaron wrote:

Hi

You did not ring me to renew my contract  then why you are not accepting to cancel it by emailing you to do so?

Dont whether you have noticed but none of the replies came from Sky staff as posting on the forum is not talking to Sky we are customers like you.. Sky  dont use email for support or cancelations it as simple as that. You will have to call them if you want to cancel.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion