Discussion topic: Moving the ONT

This message was authored by nkendall This message was authored by: nkendall

Moving the ONT

Hi all,

I have Gigafast FTTP and really happy with it. However I am going to be having some decoration and refurbishments done in the house and would prefer the ONT to be in a different position.

I don't need to change where it enters the house, just where it is is in the room. The current cable needs to be shorter so that the ONT is where the cable comes in from outside, not on the other side of the room with the cable clipped around the skirting board.

Who would I contact about getting this done? I am happy to pay for the work.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Moving the ONT

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nkendall you need to call Sky in the first instance if you use your Sky Talk service dial 150 for a free call. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
nkendall
Topic Author

Thank you. I will do that.

This message was authored by J-mac This message was authored by: J-mac

Did you get anywhere with this?  Sky have told me they have no way of requesting a ONT rellocation from openreach just wondering if you got sorted some other way.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@J-mac wrote:

some other way.

https://www.premitel.uk/consultancy/expert-advice/how-to-relocate-the-ont-fibre-termination-point/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@J-mac 

Its not an option on skys system. However it can be and has been  booked by sky as a mastersocket relocation 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Ah the operator had mentioned that was the only option they had.  I'll call back and hopefully they can put through as masterpoint move.

Do you know off hand is an ONT move £65 too?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@J-mac 

It should be £65 although if it was available it would be over £100

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
nkendall
Topic Author

@J-mac wrote:

Did you get anywhere with this?  Sky have told me they have no way of requesting a ONT rellocation from openreach just wondering if you got sorted some other way.

I've not had chance to try yet, but the information given here is good to know when I do get around to it! Thanks for everyone's replies.

nkendall
Topic Author

@J-mac wrote:

Just to let you know that I finally got around to calling Sky today.

I described that I needed my ONT moving and was immediately informed that it will cost £65 and then an appointment date was agreed. I was asked a few questions about the current location of the ONT and where I would like it moving to.

There was no suggestion that Sky's system did not allow this and I double checked that they understood it was the ONT and not a master socket that I required moving. Maybe they have updated their systems to allow this now ...

Thanks for replying.  I got sorted, the openreach tech has been out and everything.

I called back after getting advice on here and the second operator processed it with no issues.  It may have been I got an inexperienced operator on my first call.

Cheers,

J

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion