Discussion topic: ROUTER LOG IN

This message was authored by Deltanom This message was authored by: Deltanom

ROUTER LOG IN

Hello, i am trying to configure my router but it asks me for a username and password. None of the codes on the back work, the PIN doesnt help, My username and password doesnt help, USERNAME: sky PW: admin doesnt work either. can anyone help me, this log in box pops up as soon as i click on  anything at 192.168.0.1.

Can anyone help please

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: ROUTER LOG IN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deltanom 

Username is admin

Password is wifi password or sky

If meither of these work press the reset button on the back of the hub until the lights flash and try again

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Loraines-tech This message was authored by: Loraines-tech

Like @Deltanom    our router ( SR203)  reset itself  yesterday  evening and all custom settings  for the Wifi got wiped.

lost  streaming services to the TV  via the  Sky box  Wifi .

recovery; as a  factory reset  10 secs  power blinks  from red to green , meant  the  default Wifi was restored , but   I am currently unable to access the router  @ 192.168.0.1  using the admin sky  or wifi passwords  to make any other changes

Is this a Sky policy change  or is the router in need of replacement  ?

WiFi is inconvenient as  all devices need to be logged into this rather than our  go to log ins which is sort of ok but I use  a number of wired connections  which I prefer to  try and manage which are currently unavailable to  edit .

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Loraines-tech 

Usually a sign of a faulty router when it resets itself

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Loraines-tech This message was authored by: Loraines-tech

@jamesn123 

So  I  have managed to restore the   Router ,  what was misguiding me was  the default  admin   pw sky  log in    which didnt work,  and the use of the  wifi password  , the   user is  still admin    not the  wifi name  with the  wifi password

Simple enough  when you know thats whats  needed

This message was authored by GeorgeN This message was authored by: GeorgeN

I have the new SKY router => Model SR203

Login details into the router:

Username: admin

Password: <same password as for the wifi> (found on the back of your router)

Webcams:

If you gave webcaMs that ony support 2.4GHz then you need to separate them (as they bound together by default)

1_login to the router & then click on: WiFi => 2.4GHz WiFi Settings

2_Untick (un-select) this box under: WiFi Access Point=> Synchronise 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Settings

Click on Apply

3_Now click again on tab WiFi => 5GHz WiFi Settings

4_Untick (un-select) this box under: WiFi Access Point=> Synchronise 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Settings

5_Under WiFi Network => Name (SSID): BLABLA

Change the name slightly by adding -5G at the end of it.

E.g.: BLABLA-5G

This way you will know which one is the 5GHz network and also the 2.4GHz network name will stay as it is

Click on Apply

This message was authored by NorthernMonkey65 This message was authored by: NorthernMonkey65

SR203 ROUTER LOG IN - Default Username and Password

SR203 ROUTER LOG IN - Default Username and Password

Userename - admin

Password - this is the password off the back of the actuall router, which is also case sensitive.  I've just spoken to a Sky Agent who gave me this advice and it works.

Using the username admin, with any of the following will NOT work, sky, wifi or password.

Good luck

This message was authored by 1Laburnumgrove This message was authored by: 1Laburnumgrove

whats the login for this router please SR213-02-UK-ZZZ-FH1

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@1Laburnumgrove 

All changes to the sky max hub are thru the my sky app

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by 1Laburnumgrove This message was authored by: 1Laburnumgrove

my pc is restricted too 93mbps trying too find if the router is some how capping the speed ?

can i get too these details in the app?

@1Laburnumgrove 

Are you connected by ethernet?

What speed should you get?

What make and model of pc do you have?

@1Laburnumgrove 

If the pc has windows and  etherneted to the sky hub you can check what speed the ethernet card is set to and if possible change it :-

to check what speed your card is currently set to :-

Go to the icon of the taskbar
Locate the icon Internet
Press on network and internet settings
Click on Ethernet
Click change adapter options
Double click on Ethernet. There, you get the speed, it can be 100 mbps or 1Gbps. If it is the second, we do not have to do anything, but if it is the first we have to configure the card

Then If you have a windows pc you can change the card settings as below

In the window where the speed was indicated, you have to click on properties
Check that the option Microsoft network clients is marked, if not, do it
Click on set up
We go to Advanced Options
Search Speed ​​& Duplex
Change the value to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex
Accept

yes ethernet 

pc specs i7 10800k

32gb ram

nvidia 3070ti

mobo rog strix z-490-f

done all of that and adaptor is changed too 1.0gbps but still only gives 93 mbps  my port should be able too take 2.5 gbps ?

@Deltanom 

Check the steps above. It could be the ethernet card is set to 100Mbps but should be set to full duplex gigabit

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion