Discussion topic: Mcafee internet security

This message was authored by Samantha+W This message was authored by: Samantha+W

Mcafee internet security

I have macafee internet security as part of my package.. can i have it one or more devices so i knwo i am protected when i am away from home.. Alsk how do I find my login details for the account or are they the same as my sky details.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Mcafee internet security

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samantha+W 

Mcafee internet security has not been offered by Sky for a number of years now. You can't install it on any new devices and existing devices licences should have expired by now. If you want to renew you'd need to deal with Mcafee directly and pay their subscription.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Samantha+W 

Mcafee internet security has not been offered by Sky for a number of years now. You can't install it on any new devices and existing devices licences should have expired by now. If you want to renew you'd need to deal with Mcafee directly and pay their subscription.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by goods8690 This message was authored by: goods8690

Can I ask why am I still being charged £3 a month for it if it's no longer offered?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@goods8690 

If you are still being charged for it then that must mean you havent touched your Sky contract in about 5+yrs so its time to give them a call and sort it out

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@goods8690 wrote:

Can I ask why am I still being charged £3 a month for it if it's no longer offered?

An existing installation might still be updating: one would hope the software would warn if it's not doing so.  New installations and central management through Sky isn't available and hasn't been for a considerable time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion