Discussion topic: Internet works on some webpages

This message was authored by James4747 This message was authored by: James4747

Internet works on some webpages

Hi,

when using a phone we have no issue opening any webpage. But if we use 3 different laptops we get the same

problem.

we can open Google and some other sites but the majority of webpages will not open.

If I create a hotspot on my phone the laptops function as normal.

i have found a temporary solutions, I turned on my VPN on my laptop and it works as normal through the broadband. It hasn't fixed the problem but has shown through my testing that the issue is with the broadband.

i have reset the modem, I have reset to

factory settings but it will not go back to how it used to be.

please help.

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: Internet works on some webpages

@James4747 How long have you had the broadband from sky, and is this a new issue or always been like this?

James4747
Topic Author
This message was authored by James4747 This message was authored by: James4747

We have had broadband 5/6 months.

Issue has only come in the last week.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@James4747 First i would check the state of the broadband shield by logging into your account you can always turn off to test may take a few hours to filter through i keep mine always off.

If you have time, switch your router off, and leave it for some time to obtain a new public ip address incase there is an issue with that, length of time varies as sky ip has become very sticky. at least 3hrs.

There may be a quicker way of doing it, but requires you to log into the router, goto maintenance tab, scroll to bottom select the connection status then disconnect wait 10sec connect, Your looking for the IPv4 Address to change value.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion