Discussion topic: Internet issues

This message was authored by Nat5 This message was authored by: Nat5

Internet issues

Internet is down for 2 days now & no update from Sky. Anyone can help?

Best Answers
Nat5
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nat5 This message was authored by: Nat5 Answer

Re: Internet issues

Thank you @Chrisee 

The phone line was down as well @ the tariff I have with another provider suggested the price was 55p and this is what I have been charged then I phoned Sky. It was a direct phone number provided by Sky.

All is sorted now. Thank  you so much for taking your time and responding to my query:)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nat5 assume you have reported the outage to Sky what have they told you?. If you have it will be fixed but getting even a rough estimate of when your line will be restored is very difficult.

If its an issue affecting a number of lines engineers will fix it as rapidly as they can but as outages can be caused by a huge range of issues including theft of copper cable, lines being broken by construction work, damage to roadside cabinets by vehicles etc etc that work can take several days or even weeks. Repairs to individual lines are usually quicker but they can take weeks where access is difficult. 

You will be due compensation from the end of the 2nd working day after you reported the fault see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Nat5
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nat5 This message was authored by: Nat5

Thank you @Chrisee 

Yeah, reported online and have an order tracking (engineer investigation; in progress- coming soon) it's been like this for a while & no further updates. Haven't phoned them; the charges are 0.55/min & suggests 50 min wait. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nat5 calls to any 03 number Sky use should never cost 55p a minute as Ofcom require all telcos charge for these at normal call rates and incude them  in call packages. Check you have not got caught by one of the call forwarding rip off merchants. Calls  to Sky from Sky Talk or Sky Mobile lines are free dial 150.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Nat5
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nat5 This message was authored by: Nat5 Answer

Thank you @Chrisee 

The phone line was down as well @ the tariff I have with another provider suggested the price was 55p and this is what I have been charged then I phoned Sky. It was a direct phone number provided by Sky.

All is sorted now. Thank  you so much for taking your time and responding to my query:)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion