Discussion topic: Internet dropping out

This message was authored by Al+Mac65 This message was authored by: Al+Mac65

Internet dropping out

Hi, our broadband connection is dropping out multiple times a day. Usually comes back within 15 minutes or so. Getting beyond ted up if seeing the sign in to network message on phone , followed by let's fix this!

Here are router stats.

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 00:07:45

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 6427 7520 0 21672 26322 00:04:01 LAN Up 7221 3588 0 480432 37415 00:07:45 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 2112 230 0 5678 0 00:05:31 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 9470 11207 0 42576 32933 00:05:29

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 44000 11999 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:13.1    DS2:30.7    DS3:45.4 US0:4.4    US1:24.0    US2:35.4 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:8.1    DS2:8.1    DS3:8.1 US0:6.7    US1:6.9    US2:6.8
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Internet dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Al+Mac65 

Can see from your router stats that you have a line fault thats limiting your speed & causing line drops. I'll flag your post to Sky so look out for a message on the forum so you can chat with a Sky rep and get an engineer booked

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Al+Mac65 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

Apologies for your post getting caught up in the spam filter, it's now released and a member of the community will be along shortly to help.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Hi @Al+Mac65 

Can see from your router stats that you have a line fault thats limiting your speed & causing line drops. I'll flag your post to Sky so look out for a message on the forum so you can chat with a Sky rep and get an engineer booked

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Al+Mac65  Have you ran the broadband test to see if it picks up any faults?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Al+Mac65
Topic Author
This message was authored by Al+Mac65 This message was authored by: Al+Mac65

Thanks very much 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Al+Mac65 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Von84 This message was authored by: Von84

My internet drops same time everyday around 2:40 in the morning and comes back on around 5:30 in morning starting get fed up with it now I have tried everything that sky tells you to do when you loose connection and still nothing . Any other tips I can use as I'm at my wits end .

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Von84 loss of connection between those sounds if you have Sky Q TV boxes can be caused by the TV boxes which act as wifi hotspots go into deep sleep if set to the default eco standby mode switching them to either active or none standby mode in each box's settings will leave the wifi hotspot on.

If that diesnt apply Sky and Openreach have to maintain and improve their networks which can mean periods when they have to disconnect lines overnight to complete the work which can take multiple nights.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion