Discussion topic: No Sky Broadband after midnight

This message was authored by Calx This message was authored by: Calx

No Sky Broadband after midnight

Hi, does anyone know why my Sky broadband switches off after midnight.  Nether my house alarm nor Hive or internet Chanel's wirk.. many thanks if you can help..

All Replies

This message was authored by ZMagee This message was authored by: ZMagee

Re: No Sky Broadband after midnight

I'm having this issue too. It always seems to be around 12/1 am. It's happening regularly and it's really not good enough. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Calx @ZMagee 

Those are the times Sky and Openreach carry out maintenance to minimise disruption to customers. Hopefully it'll be back on this morning. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Calx @ZMagee 

How often is it happening? Do you have Sky Q?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by ZMagee This message was authored by: ZMagee

I have Sky Q and I'd say it happens at least a couple of times in an average week. Unfortunately for me it seems their maintenance window is a time when I'd usually be wanting to use the internet. Not something I was aware of or informed about when signing up. I've been a Sky customer for about 10 years and this has only become an issue in the last year or so. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@ZMagee & @Calx you can literally go for years with no interuptions for maintanance then hit a period of several weeks while a major upgrade is done. Given the national switch from slower copper networks to the faster fibre a lot of preparation work is required.

It is unfortunate for those of use using our connections in the early hours but like over night road works or no trains on a Sunday this disruption is unavoidable. Sky like every other ISP I know of are careful not to promise an uninterrupted connection in their contracts as the requirement to upgrade and maintain networks affects every network or we would be all still stuck on ADSL.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion