Discussion topic: I have booked a home move and don’t think I have the correct cable in the new house.

This message was authored by Neil86 This message was authored by: Neil86

I have booked a home move and don’t think I have the correct cable in the new house.

I have a home move booked for next week but don't think the cable in the new house is fibre optic like my current line. They are planning to connect me through the line with no engineer visit how do I know if it's correct or not and who do I call to ask/tell them. 

thanks in advance

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: I have booked a home move and don’t think I have the correct cable in the new house.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Neil86 

It says ont exists.  Starting to think previous occupants made off with it

Check around for anything like this

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

If they have made off with it openreach can only accept an order for a new one on installation day

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: I have booked a home move and don’t think I have the correct cable in the new house.

@Neil86 

Could you enter your full new address below and post the table and notes below after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Neil86 wrote:

They are planning to connect me through the line with no engineer visit

That would tend to indicate a Superfast connection over FTTC.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Neil86 

If FTTP is available in the area you are moving to then this will be provisioned by an Openreach engineer on your install date.

If FTTP isnt available then this would be correct you'll get your connection through the existing phone socket.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@jamesn123 wrote:

@Neil86 

If FTTP is available in the area you are moving to then this will be provisioned by an Openreach engineer on your install date.

Or at some point in the following few months, depending on personnel availability, equipment scheduling, blocked ducts, trees in the way...

@Neil86 

The link which @cookiemonsteruk posted will show if there's FTTP in place, if it's available in the area but not yet installed at the address, or if there's only FTTC (or even ADSL) locally at present.  Available but not yet installed carries a small additional risk during a Home Move, because if something delays FTTP deployment (as I alluded to above) then there's unfortunately no option to use FTTC while this is resolved, and a few unlucky forum posters have found themselves without any broadband service for a considerable time as a result.

Neil86
Topic Author

I can't seem to post the image of what was reported after submitting my details don't know how to add the image

Neil86
Topic Author

56773538-E421-4C0E-A18C-00EC368C800F.png

Neil86
Topic Author

Id been signed out which was why I couldn't add the image not sure what any of it means maybe it makes sense to you guys.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Neil86 

Ok, wbc fttp does exist . What does it say further down the notes ie ont exists or ont can be ordered

Neil86
Topic Author

E78ADDF1-D116-4367-B1BD-2516CD3D8C72.png

428220B2-C49C-481F-ADE8-329E1D0CD8D7.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Neil86 

It says ont exists.  Starting to think previous occupants made off with it

Check around for anything like this

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

If they have made off with it openreach can only accept an order for a new one on installation day

Neil86
Topic Author

Sorry for the delay only getting sorted now. Yes that box u sent the picture of was in the house and everything was turned on automatically at about 9am on the scheduled day. Thank you very much for your advice.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion