Discussion topic: I am not happy with my Broadband and I will be force to change it if I don’t get an expect to check

This message was authored by Fati1 This message was authored by: Fati1

I am not happy with my Broadband and I will be force to change it if I don’t get an expect to check

My internet drops all the time,my sky to isn't reliable, internet isn't fast. I love sky but I will be force to end it with you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Giggsy1977 This message was authored by: Giggsy1977

Re: I am not happy with my Broadband and I will be force to change it if I don’t get an expect to ch

Have you run the broadband tests? 

Do you have your router stats? 

Have you contacted them with the issues? 

Sky Q 1tb, Sky Fibre Ultrafast 1 SR203 (Download 150mbps, Upload 29mbps)
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I am not happy with my Broadband and I will be force to change it if I don’t get an expect to ch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fati1 you are not talking to Sky by posting in the forum so nothing will happen from your threat.

If you are still using a copper phone line for your broadband that line is the main factor affecting both speed and reliability so moving to another supplier using the same Openreach line means the problems move with you. It is worth getting to the bottom of the issue which forum members can often help,with so please post your Sky hub's stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

Openreach are replacing their old copper network with full fibre which is far more reliable and can support much higher speeds. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Fati1
Topic Author

I have done all that, spoke to them severally but the issue is still there

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Fati1   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Fati1
Topic Author

Screenshot_20240331-000537.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Fati1 nothing aporently wrong with your connection according to the stats it is running st 80Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up and hasnt dropeed sincecthe hub was last rebooted over 4 days before. If you tested speeds using ethernet cables you would get results around 72Mb/s down but as you only use Wifi the speeds will be whatever that connection allows.

The performance of Wifi is down to the layout, type of construction and level of interference in your home so changing ISP is likely to be pointless. However there are things you can do. Start by checking the hub is in the best location which is as central as possible on a table or shelf so the signals arent being blocked by other kit, radiators and the like. Other ideas here Sky Help - Slow wifi

If those ideas dont help consider spending some money and buy some third party wifi gear as many of us have had to do to get reliable wifi through out our homes as there are limits as tomwhat the free ISP routers can do.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Fati1
Topic Author

Thank you for the feedback.🙏

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion