Discussion topic: Hi all,

This message was authored by Elenacvg This message was authored by: Elenacvg

Hi all,

Hi all,

I have installed sky in my new house on the 3rd of April since then the kids doesn't get any internet at their bedroom we believe is due to the house of anything you can help me with. 
Thanking you in advance 

Elena Villon Guale

All Replies

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

Re: Hi all,

@ElenacvgSo was this a brand new house and you got sky installed.  Just wondering if you had a previous provider.  It does sound like the WiFi isnt reaching all areas of the house.  I take it all is ok when you are closer to the router?  If so then you could try moving the router higher up onto a table top or similar as its best to have your router as high up as possible and not tucked away in a cupboard or behind the sofa (within the limits of what the cables will allow).  If still not working then you are likley going to need WiFi boosters.  What package do you have for the broadband?  Some include the option of free boosters if you are having issues.

Elenacvg
Topic Author
This message was authored by Elenacvg This message was authored by: Elenacvg

• Hi, 
  • Not is not a new house it is  an old council house. And you were my provider in my previous house for two years.
  •  We have moved the rooter as far away from the corner as we can and place as high as we could to try to get a better signal and there hasn't been much of a difference. 
    Any help would be much appreciated. 
    Elena
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Elenacvg 

Best way to solve it would be with boosters, a 3rd party mesh system or powerline

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion