Discussion topic: Hi, I want to change my password, but I can't use my username and password to change it because seve

This message was authored by MihhaelaAlexand This message was authored by: MihhaelaAlexand

Hi, I want to change my password, but I can't use my username and password to change it because seve

Hi, I want to change my password, but I can't use my username and password to change it because it has several platforms and that's all I want 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Hi, I want to change my password, but I can't use my username and password to change it because

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MihhaelaAlexand not sure which password you want to change or on which hub as the rules vary. The admin acoount on all Sky hubs have the standard admin as the username which can't be changed the admin password can be changed but the SR203 Broadband Hub has strict rules on length and including upper and lower case letters and at least one number you cannot change. Wifi password has dlightly different rules from memory. Insisting on complex passwords is good security.

Using the same password for multiple accounts while easy to rdmember is considred insecure. These days many people use a password manager which assigns different complex passwords to wach account and completes them using face recognition on my system.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MihhaelaAlexand
Topic Author
This message was authored by MihhaelaAlexand This message was authored by: MihhaelaAlexand

Re: Hi, I want to change my password, but I can't use my username and password to change it because

I want to change the router password 

@MihhaelaAlexand as I explained there are limitations the user name cannot be changed and the password can be changed as long as the one you choose matches the rules. Instructions here - ignore the wifi password bit - https://www.sky.com/help/articles/find-and-change-your-wireless-password

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Kellie7 This message was authored by: Kellie7

I just want to change my password that isn't on the back of the box , so when my children's friends come in they can use it

@Kellie7 I assume you want to change the wifi password so the visitors cant connectvto your network by reading the password. If so these are the instructions https://www.sky.com/help/articles/find-and-change-your-wireless-password

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion