Discussion topic: Full fibre

This message was authored by Michal92 This message was authored by: Michal92

Full fibre

Hi there I stay in a flat on 2nd floor and openreach upgraded the building to full fibre we do have an openreach box on ground floor and they were doing something on each floor I'm assuming cables so each flat got them just in front of their doors in the wall my question is how the engineer will install my gigafast broadband in my flat 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Full fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michal92 

Usually with multiple dwelling units openreach will install a fibre optic drop box above each each door

20220120_153610.jpg

And once ordered will install the fibre optic modem inside on your activation date

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

If you enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes below after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Michal92 

P.S. inside the drop box is about 10 metres of thin fibre optic cable so a small  hole will be drilled to bring the fibre optic inside the flat

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Michal92
Topic Author

Thx for your answer they did install something inside this panel outside my door 

IMG_3009.jpeg

@Michal92 

Admittedly i haven't seen one of those before. What does it say on the bt wholesale checker

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Michal92
Topic Author

IMG_3010.jpeg

Michal92
Topic Author

The panel was originally there I'm assuming there are other cables inside and openreach put theirs 

@Michal92 

And the notes under the table.  There is a 1 stage install which does indicate the fibre is already up to your door without any issues so you can place an order if you haven't done so already

Michal92
Topic Author

Thanks for ur answers 

@Michal92 

@Michal92 wrote:

The panel was originally there I'm assuming there are other cables inside and openreach put theirs 

Ah, existing conduit.  Sounds straightforward then. Are they still installing on other floors.? Is there any sign of fibre cables coming out?

Michal92
Topic Author

They have finished my building and I was able to upgrade but sky engineer will come and install the gigafast but not until after New Year as they're busy and was wondering how they will do it as I read the ont needs to be installed in my flat etc 

@Michal92 

With wbc already showing available i would wonder if they directly bring the fibre out from the conduit and into the flat. .  Usually each flat would have a drop box per my photo it may be horses for courses and they feel they can install directly from the conduit. Even If they do add the drop box its straightforward process .  

Michal92
Topic Author

Fttp to a flat

 So openreach has installed something like that inside the cupboard in front of my flat(conduit ?) and wondering how they will run Ont box into my flat 

IMG_3229.jpeg

IMG_3009.jpeg

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Fttp to a flat

@Michal92 

Your two duplicate posts have been removed. You have this one. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Fttp to a flat

@Michal92 wrote:

 So openreach has installed something like that inside the cupboard in front of my flat(conduit ?) and wondering how they will run Ont box into my flat 

IMG_3229.jpeg

I suspect that's a fibre drop cable and an indoor CSP.  An optical pigtail will be spliced inside the white plastic enclosure and go to the ONT, which needs to be adjacent to a power socket.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion