Discussion topic: Fibre installation

This message was authored by as2001 This message was authored by: as2001

Fibre installation

Had an appointment today for ultrafast fibre broadband to be installed. Sky engineer turned up this morning but Openreach never came and installed the cables so the sky engineer couldn't do anything. Phoned sky to find the issue out and Openreach didn't have the cables 'ready' and was told to wait 72 hours for a response. Openreach has then phoned me at teatime to reschedule to Tuesday morning and I've phoned sky back to reschedule my engineer appointment and been told I can't. Any suggestions? Waited two weeks for this initial app and now having to wait again. Current WiFi signal is terrible and is temperamental and just want secure WiFi that doesn't drop everyday constantly (66mbps) supposedly.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Fibre installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@as2001 

Sky has to wait for Openreach, and realistically you already have broadband which doesn't help with getting priority over another customer with no service at all.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
as2001
Topic Author

Hardly when my sky q and multi room don't work because of the issues I have with my WiFi. Should be considered of somewhat priority that I'm paying for broadband and sky q mini that I'm not having accessing to frequently.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@as2001 wrote:

Hardly when my sky q and multi room don't work because of the issues I have with my WiFi. Should be considered of somewhat priority that I'm paying for broadband and sky q mini that I'm not having accessing to frequently.

No it's not, Openreach do not care of you hacve Sky Q you argument holds no sway with them.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@as2001 

Dont like to put a downer on things but an upgrade to FTTP infrastructure almost certainly wont help local WiFi issues relating to Sky Q so if your expecting it all to just work after I wouldn't get too hopeful. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
as2001
Topic Author

Openreach are currently out installing and I don't have many issues with the sky q channels working very often unless bad weather but because the WiFi has been terrible I can't access catch up etc which was one of my concerns 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion