Discussion topic: Broadband speed connection issues

This message was authored by emily963edwds This message was authored by: emily963edwds

Broadband speed connection issues

Hi I am having constant slow connection.

I have sky broadband ultra fast 1, broadband boost and sky q box and multi room box. 

I will upload my router settings if someone could please let me know if these are correct.

I have tried the support page and I have spent 37 minutes on the phone to sky technical.

I told him there is option on there of a log for sky tech team but I was told he is unable to access this..

(Outcome was there nothing wrong even though it clearly says on my sky app) 

Is the new fibre line not correctly installed do I still need to be using the the old line as currently there is a lead coming from there? 

I will attach photos.

Sorry for so many photos of speed tests these are from separate parts of my house. 

Thank you 

1000000532.jpg

1000000541.jpg

1000000542.jpg

1000000543.jpg

  

1000000544.jpg

1000000549.jpg

1000000550.jpg

  

1000000548.jpg

1000000551.jpg

1000000547.jpg

  

1000000533.jpg

1000000535.jpg

1000000537.jpg

1000000539.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband speed connection issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@emily963edwds 

Given you appear to have a live connection to the white Openreach ONT, you shouldn't still have the wall socket connected to the purple socket on the rear if the Hub.

I'd also suggest using the Sky-supplied ethernet cable between the ONT and the Sky Hub WAN ethernet socket (#4)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
emily963edwds
Topic Author
This message was authored by emily963edwds This message was authored by: emily963edwds

HI thanks for your reply, when I unplug the wall socket purple cable the green light on WiFi router for voice turns off and for some reason WiFi doesn't work but all other lights remain on. I have swapped them around and restarted the router. I am still getting terrible speeds through speed test ( I don't know much about these results) But my internet is so poor it took such a delay to open browser to reply to this comment upstairs. Did you see the statistics of my IP from sky are all the settings correctly? Do you think they have connected the fibre correctly? Or am I even having fibre. I spent 35 minutes on the phone to sky yesterday as mentioned and basically told there's nothing he can do because his end showing everything is working fine. Even though on my sky app connection was telling me there is a problem with WiFi. I did upload pictures in original post. Here is a speed test I have done today. Oh it won't allow me to add any more photos? Hope this link is aloud. Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/9724388040 Thanks again for your reply.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@emily963edwds 

In that case one would suspect you have a live Superfast FTTC connection arriving over the wall socket, and the switch to Ultrafast over FTTP through that ONT has not happened.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
emily963edwds
Topic Author

Okay I am lost now, I assumed it was fibre direct to premises.

I can't understand these results but hopefully someone could see what these results mean? 

Screenshot_20231125_183519_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_183527_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_183533_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_183538_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_183840_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_183901_Chrome.jpg

  @TimmyBGood 

emily963edwds
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood 

Do you know if sky will officially respond to this post please?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@emily963edwds 

Your router stats show WANoE as the connection type so it is using FTTP as the connection method. Can you try leaving the purple cable unplugged and giving it a few reboots just to see if anything starts working in terms of the voice light and your connection?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion