Discussion topic: Does Broadband include landline phone as well?

This message was authored by SIMESHAR This message was authored by: SIMESHAR

Does Broadband include landline phone as well?

I have taken superfast broadband deal last week. I got only a broadband hub. I would like to ask whether sky provide landline phone or not. They already provide a landline number.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Does Broadband include landline phone as well?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SIMESHAR 

Not an actual phone device. That's down to you to purchase. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

Sky use VOIP, you can use the hub as the phone line, you plug the phone into the back of it.

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@nstokes wrote:

Sky use VOIP

Not yet as standard though: the vast majority of current FTTC (and ADSL) subscribers will still have a PSTN 'landline' at the master socket.  Sky provisions new orders on SOGEA with VOIP from a Broadband Hub wherever that's available locally but hasn't started the transition of millions of other connections, and Q Hubs don't have a port for a telephone.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by smf123 This message was authored by: smf123

Do you have to pay for the landline if you already have broadband ? Or can you just pay for example for the international call plan? Saw something about paying £18.99 for line rental? But if you have broadband do you still need to pay this?? Thanks 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@smf123 line rental is included in the Broadband cost on all. The only charge you pay for the landline facility is for calls which can be charged on as used basis or via a prepaid call plan see Sky’s Call Tariff 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@smf123 wrote:

Saw something about paying £18.99 for line rental? But if you have broadband do you still need to pay this??  

Unfortunately online advice to "save money by cancelling an unused landline" is largely misleading: terrestrial broadband requires rental of a data bearer (either copper or optical) whether or not there's a voice call service in place.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion