Discussion topic: Connection keeps dropping

This message was authored by KirstyJobson This message was authored by: KirstyJobson

Connection keeps dropping

I've had good stable connection with Sky until last week. Had the connection drop three times last Wednesday and it's happened again today. Checks on the app say everything is good (even when my phone couldn't connect to WiFi and was on mobile data?). I work from home and need to be connected. Twice I've lost WiFi in the middle of important Teams calls. Any advice on what could be wrong?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkTork This message was authored by: MarkTork

Re: Connection keeps dropping

We are having the same issue. Been fine for 4 years and since Tuesday it keeps dropping out between 3.30pm and 9pm. Rest of the day is fine
KirstyJobson
Topic Author
This message was authored by KirstyJobson This message was authored by: KirstyJobson

Yes it was 3.30 - 4pm today and last Wednesday. I'm also getting lots of lagging in calls but it's hard to know if that's my Internet or the connection to my work network which can be temperamental some days. 

This message was authored by Yakety This message was authored by: Yakety

I'm exactly the same - fine for years, but started dropping out past few days.

Works once its reset but I had to do that half a dozen times last night.

Sky status & 'diagnostic' tests says it's fine? But they said that when the whole country was down last year.

Could it be region related? FWIW I'm in NE Scotland.

Been with Sky for years and it's been stable until now.

KirstyJobson
Topic Author

I've been with Sky about 18 months since moving house and it's been fine up to now. I think I've had to reset it twice in those 18 months before last week. Now it's been twice in just over a week! 

I'm in Lincolnshire so nowhere near Scotland. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion