Discussion topic: Cancelling broadband account

This message was authored by chieftan1 This message was authored by: chieftan1

Cancelling broadband account

I would like to cancel my daughters broadband account with sky as she is moving in to my house due to illness, this should take place in the next month but her new contract starts on the 4th of April and I dont want to be paying for an 18 month contract as she will be using my sky broadband, does sky do a month to month contract as she needs her broadband until the move takes place.   Strange query but appreciate any answers.   Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cancelling broadband account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chieftan1 

Your daughter will have to try to cancel it. You can't unless you have Power of Attorney. 

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, she'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if she is still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

Return packaging will be sent out to her near the end of the notice period. She needs to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion