Discussion topic: Connecting booster to ethernet

This message was authored by PabloLeone This message was authored by: PabloLeone

Connecting booster to ethernet

Hi. I have a SE210 booster and am hoping to use it to provide better Wi-Fi coverage in my summer house at the end of the garden which is a bit too far from the house to get good signal. 

The plan is to run an outdoor ethernet connection from my sky q hub down to the summer house and then plug the cable into the booster which can then use this connection to beam out the Wi-Fi.

whilst I appreciate this isn't a very technical description - I was hoping someone on here would be able to tell me if the plan would work.

thanks in advance 

Thanking you

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: Connecting booster to ethernet

@PabloLeone There should be no problem in doing what you intend, the booster does work in both ways, as wirless to ethernet, and ethernet to wireless. You may have to factory reset it if you are using it currently in the opposite way, but i would just try it first. You can also try it in the home, to test before you carry out all the work.

This message was authored by russ8577 This message was authored by: russ8577

Re: Connecting booster to ethernet

Hi Did this work as Im doing something similar this weekend?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion