Discussion topic: Charges on sky device return

This message was authored by SumeetJain This message was authored by: SumeetJain

Charges on sky device return

Hi- i had to cancel my Sky broadband account back in August as I had to travel back to my Home country. I handed over the device to my friend to return it back to Sky. However, the device could not be posted as he did not had the Royal mail label. I recently managed to get the label produced and shared with my friend. He shall now post the device to Sky soon. But in the meantime I'm receiving email from sky for legal action as I have not paid the charges for not returning the device. Now, since I shall post the device soon, do I still need to pay the charges?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Charges on sky device return

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SumeetJain unfortunately due to the delay it sounds like the matter has been passed to debt collecters. It may be possible to return the hub and Sky might refund the orginal fee but the debt may have grown due to additional charges due to the time taken.

It is for you to decide whether to pay the debt if you dont plan to return to the UK it may not matter but if you do come back within 6 years you will still owe the money and it will affect your ability to get credit.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion