Discussion topic: Changing Circet Appointment

This message was authored by A93 This message was authored by: A93

Changing Circet Appointment

IMG_2725.png

IMG_2726.jpeg

Hi there,

I received this text (see attached) to remind me of an upcoming engineer visit, however it no longer suits me. The number provided doesn't work, and when I tried to explore this online, there is no record of it. 

I never actually arranged a visit date or time for an engineer, other than receiving this email (see attached), so don't even have an expectation of timeframe that the engineer may arrive within.

Thank you in advance for any help! I'd hate to waste an engineers time, or take an appointment away from someone else when I know I won't be in.

A93

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Changing Circet Appointment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@A93 

Presuming you're in Ireland as you mention Circet. You will need to contact Sky Ireland to reschedule but be aware a late cancellation could result in a charge. In the UK a cancellation on the day of the appointment or the day before results in a charge of £25. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
A93
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, @Daniel0210.

Strangely enough, I'm a UK customer. I did wonder why it wasn't Open Reach. 

I'll try to contact Sky this morning.

Thank you. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@A93 its too late to change an activation or appointment due today the 15th changes have to be requested 48 hours in advance. The message from Sky implies a remote activation but the text from Circet implies they need access to your  property. Have you checked the My Orders section of the My Sky app if so what does that say? After an order is placed checks are made and a home visit may have been added.

Circet is a legitimate commpany but if you are in the UK any bookings of  visits would normally be done by Openreach or Sky rather than a sub-contractor like Circet so that is odd. If you are in Ireland I am not sure how things are arranged. However missed appointments are normally chageable but you maybe able to argue you did not agree to a home visit. You need to sort this with Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@A93 

I've just googled the number on the text which suggests it's an Openreach number covering Ballyclare Northern Ireland. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Daniel0210 thst makes sense as Openreach often send texts before visits.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
A93
Topic Author

Thank you again @Daniel0210 and @Chrisee

Sky have since text me directly to advise of my activation day and that this will be done remotely. Must have just been a crossed wire somewhere with regards to Circet. Phew - hope all goes smoothly.

This message was authored by Belu1 This message was authored by: Belu1

I want to change the appointment date. If you can on 03 February 

@Belu1 
You’re not talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is a customer based forum where customers try to help other customers.

You will need to contact Sky / Sky Ireland to reschedule but be aware a late cancellation could result in a charge. In the UK a cancellation on the day of the appointment or the day before results in a charge of £25. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion