Discussion topic: Admin & password not accepted

This message was authored by Helenjs This message was authored by: Helenjs

Admin & password not accepted

Why can't I access my sky account to change the sky hub?  My details wouldn't work.  What do I do.  I need to add a cctv camera and need to spilt the 2 channels

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Admin & password not accepted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helenjs wrote:

Why can't I access my sky account to change the sky hub?  My details wouldn't work.  What do I do.  I need to add a cctv camera and need to spilt the 2 channels

Hi @Helenjs 

You don't access your Sky Account to change your router details.  You log into your router on your internet browser.

Steps for logging in to your Sky WiFi Router:
  1. Browse to 192.168.1.1 on your internet browser.
  2. You will come to a login screen. Enter the username and password from the sticker on the bottom of your Sky WiFi Router. ...
  3. If you've logged in successfully, you'll see the web interface home page
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Admin & password not accepted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helenjs for the black Sky hubs.unless somebody has changed the admin password the user name is always admin and the password is either sky or the wifi psssword on the label depending in the model hub you have.. Changing the wifi password doesnt change the admin password

There is a bug which means devices running ios like iPhones dont always work if you have to use an ios device use Chrome as the browser.

The white Sky Max hub uses the My Sky app to make changes but you can't split the wifi bands instead you disable thr 5GHz band connect you devices and re-enable the 5GHz band. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion