Discussion topic: Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mi4 did you read the pist immesdistly above yours? Sky have identified an issue with a firmware release that caused a number of systems to stop connecting they are rolling back around 6 million hubs in batches to an earlier release. This will take a few days to complete and should hopefully solve your issue.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mi4 This message was authored by: Mi4

Okay , thankyou , will just have to be patient , phoned SKY yesterday and the person had no record of this being a issue , did send a link about splitting , don't see why , been with SKY and ATAG for years with no issues until now.

This message was authored by AlexEvans This message was authored by: AlexEvans

Where you you actually set the static IP and DNS? Through the reconfiguration process? I didn't want to completely remove my user account and reset, I may lose my scheduling and not be able to set again.  So annoying from Sky

Also sceptical about the roll back update and whether it will actually happen! As above, if I contact Sky, they'll have no clue what I'm talking about.  Will look to move ISP if not resolved

@KevNewMedia can you advise likely timescales for a resolution and how this will be further communicated to customers? I've contacted Sky's "technical" department and they have no knowledge/understanding of the issue and therefore can't give any indication of when things will be resolved.   If I wasn't in contract for another 6m, I'd just move ISP

This message was authored by Rob19501 This message was authored by: Rob19501

I'm pretty fed up with this myself. I've spent hours on the phone to ATAG technicians, and made calls to NOW who have repeatedly claimed it's not their problem. Not a word of apology.

 I’ve now sorted - did as a previous user suggested with the help of my brother.  When trying to reconnect WiFi, deselect DHCP and input a static IP / new DNS that isn't the Sky default.  The below should work, other than checking your IP address (default gateway) is the same.  Mine connected straight away then.  

IMG_0232.jpeg

This message was authored by Mi4 This message was authored by: Mi4

This morning , when I went on app , it came up with a page asking if we wanted to add any device , tried , hoping a fix , still no joy , away to switch off Internet , factory reset on atag and try again , anyone else seen this , getting connected , the joys .

If you go to network reconfigure via the ATAG controller, then when prompted via the app, do as I explained above (set a static IP and change the DNS), you should be fine.   You don't need to reset your boiler.  It's a Sky issue which they've acknowledged.  Really frustrating and fiddly when you do t know how to resolve but the above took 30 seconds and was straight in...and another user also previously posted the same resolution (I just added to screenshot to hopefully make it easier to copy)

This message was authored by Rob19501 This message was authored by: Rob19501

I'm up and running now. Did factory reset, deleted and re installed app. Not sure if this did it, or the router roll back.

This message was authored by SSR1 This message was authored by: SSR1

My ATAG combi boiler is not getting connected to my wifi

Spent almost 2 hours with sky on phne last week who kept suggesting things to do on laptop . Nothing helps. Then he told me its going to sort on its own in few days. He offered me higher package for engineer visit, which I declined. Why should I pay for something you did. 
I called again today. again no help. I don't want to spend more time on computer.

not sure what to do 

This message was authored by Argyle+lad This message was authored by: Argyle+lad

Checked app this morning and it asked if I wanted to register new product. Re-entered details of product previously registered and lo and behold the app and thermostat connected to internet after days of trying.  Onlyassume Sky rolledn

back the last update to router which seemed to cause fault in the first p,ace 

holybourne
Topic Author
This message was authored by holybourne This message was authored by: holybourne

Up and running today again after Reconfigure ( I selected dynamic DNS), so Sky must have rolled back router update 

1000069448.jpg

This message was authored by Argyle+lad This message was authored by: Argyle+lad

Broadband went off this morning . Now on line again but Atag once more not connecting. !!!

Change to static IP using steps above and you don't have to worry about the Sky issue then...will use another DNS so it's no longer a problem 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion