Discussion topic: Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler

This message was authored by holybourne This message was authored by: holybourne

Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler

Hi, I have Sky Broadband Gigafast and only recently noticed that my connection to my Atag Zone Controller is down, I have rebooted both my router and the Atag Controller several times but it still fails on the stage connecting to Internet ( image of the Atag Zone control screen attached) 

When I sent email to Atag support they said this is a known issue with Sky Broadband ( email text screenshot attached) 

Screenshot_20231130_181357_Gmail.jpg

and I suspect it's because the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi signals coming from router are synced. 

Screenshot_20231130_181016.jpg

See attached screenshot from Atag Zone app which says WiFi band must be 2.4 Ghz

20231127_195949.jpg

I guess my question to Sky is are you aware of this issue and what do I need to do to fix it, I really don't want to start messing about with the advanced WiFi settings myself. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We're grateful for the forum feedback that alerted us to the software issue impacting some smart home products. Our team has worked diligently to understand and resolve this. The root cause was traced to a recent software update.

As some of you noticed, we've initiated a rollback to a previous software version on many devices. We will be rolling back Sky and NOW devices; rest assured this should be completed in the coming days – keep an eye out.

Your routers will receive this update automatically, so we recommend keeping them on overnight for the best results. In some cases, devices like the WarmUp may require a restart to reconnect effectively after the update.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping us to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@holybourne currently there are at least two long threads about two heating control apps with issues which started a few weeks ago. Sky have posted in both that they are looking into the issue. There is a possibility that other devices including Yale locks, Tesla EV chargers and even robot vacuums are affected. 

Superusers have been assured by Sky in our private forum that this has been loojedcat a very high level. Sorting these issues does take time as any solution has to be fullybtested so it doesnt break something else.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@holybourne 

One of your images was rejected as it contains personal information- your email address.,

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
holybourne
Topic Author
This message was authored by holybourne This message was authored by: holybourne

OK thanks both, I'll just sit tight in knowledge it's a known issue and being looked into 

This message was authored by Rob19501 This message was authored by: Rob19501

Re: Cannot connect to Atag Zone Controller - Combi Boiler.

We have the same problem with our NOW router. We phoned ATAG engineers, who advised us to call NOW technical. About as much use as a chocolate teapot. Far too technical for me to suss out. . Seems Sky are blaming ATAG and ATAG blaming Sky, and we're stuck in the middle. Needs one side to talk direct with the other, as it's far too technical for me to sort out.

Had boiler installed 5 weeks ago, spent hours trying to sort this out. Paid for a benefit we cannot use.

Have been in contact with ATAG engineers. They believe it's to do with certain ports not being open on Sky Routers. They suggest trying to connect using a 2nd device as a hotspot, as it seems to connect this way. If this works let ATAG know so they can forward the 8th o to Sky

holybourne
Topic Author

Did this work for you? 

No.It has now govern six weeks since our stag boiler was instalked. Our engineer who has had similar oroblems, has, out of frustration, offered to install a Nest system

This message was authored by rachmike1forum This message was authored by: rachmike1forum

I have managed to get my atag zone controller to work finally after a few days of no Internet. If as part of the network reconfigure you give your atag zone controller a static ip and set the dns to 8.8.8.8. This will solve the issue. 

Seems to be something wrong with sky's ability to resolve the atag address using Sky's DNS.

holybourne
Topic Author

What did you use for static IP,  Subnet Mask and Gateway? 

This message was authored by rachmike1forum This message was authored by: rachmike1forum

It depends on what your network is giving out, but I can provide a guess.

So I would set your 

IP as 192.168.0.183

Subnet as 255.255.255.0

Gateway as 192.168.0.1

These might not work because it depends on what your router is giving out.

Thanks for this. It's all getting a bit too technical for this 73 y.o.! I've passed on your suggestion to the ATAG engineers , to see what they come up with , and will get back to you.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We're grateful for the forum feedback that alerted us to the software issue impacting some smart home products. Our team has worked diligently to understand and resolve this. The root cause was traced to a recent software update.

As some of you noticed, we've initiated a rollback to a previous software version on many devices. We will be rolling back Sky and NOW devices; rest assured this should be completed in the coming days – keep an eye out.

Your routers will receive this update automatically, so we recommend keeping them on overnight for the best results. In some cases, devices like the WarmUp may require a restart to reconnect effectively after the update.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping us to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Mi4 This message was authored by: Mi4

Is there any update with regards to when the issue trying to connect our Atag controller will be resolved by SKY .

This message was authored by Mi4 This message was authored by: Mi4

Hi , is there any update to when this will be resolved by SKY the problem of connecting ATAG controller.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion