Discussion topic: Can someone please check my broadband connection

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky broadband down? Or is it my broadband hub?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi this page explains what the various lights on the hub mean and what to do see https://www.sky.com/help/articles/hub-lights-explained-start

Lots of line issues at the moment probably due to the recent very wet weather.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Stagg311 This message was authored by: Stagg311

Re: Sky broadband down? Or is it my broadband hub?

I now have a solid amber light

Re: There is currently a broadband outage in east Devon. Is this affecting other broadband providers

@SandraWilson it is very rare to be able to get much more than a guess of how long it will take to sortvan area outage. The engineers will fix it as fast as they can.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Giotto123 This message was authored by: Giotto123

Re: There is currently a broadband outage in east Devon. Is this affecting other broadband providers

How do we know it's 3 days? Did someone actually manage to speak to one of the hallowed sky staff?

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: Can someone please check my broadband connection

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experiences over yesterday / this morning regarding your broadband services. 

I recommend everyone tries our service status page for any local issues in your area, found here: 

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus 

If there is nothing detected there, you also have our full online help support pages for broadband here.

Marking this as the current answer of this for visibility for other users 🙂

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Giotto123 wrote:

How do we know it's 3 days? Did someone actually manage to speak to one of the hallowed sky staff?

No-one can know for sure: a simple individual domestic repair might take minutes once attended, a complex backbone cable replacement in a duct or a street cabinet replacement after a vehicle collision could be weeks.

The Openreach target time for domestic broadband and phones is two working days starting the following working days morning, which is why 'three days' gets quoted.  They report to Ofcom that they meet this target in about 85% of reported faults.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Ceren88 This message was authored by: Ceren88

Thanks @Daniel-F 👍 Please could you confirm if this is an issue that needs to be resolved by Sky or by Openreach - thanks.

This message was authored by JH8 This message was authored by: JH8

I still have no internet here in East Devon (Ottery St. Mary). Does anyone know when the issue will be fixed?

@Daniel-F Are you able to advise what the issue is and when it'll be fixed?

Thanks

This message was authored by d4gog This message was authored by: d4gog

I'm sorry but just putting "check our status page" isn't a proper answer. That status page doesn't appear to have anything related to this area on it, did you even check before you posted that? Sky Broadband in this area has now been out for 3 days with no updates on what is wrong or when it will be fixed.

I appreciate the text messages saying your engineers are working on it but more info would be useful!!

@d4gog Openreach don't give Sky a running commentary on area faults. You will often find the best information is in your local media. 

This message was authored by Exeter-user This message was authored by: Exeter-user

I'm facing the same frustrating situation here in East-Devon, where I've been without Sky internet for two days now. I've learned that the outage was caused by a trunk cable being cut when they were raising poles. Interestingly, my neighbours who are with different ISPs but using the same OpenReach infrastructure are up and running again.

It's led me to question whether Sky lacks investment in redundant networks, which other providers might utilise. These redundancies could allow traffic rerouting during such incidents.

Does anyone else have insight on:

Whether lack of redundancy is common for Sky, while other ISPs provide it?
If switching providers might avoid similar issues in future because they invest in these backup routes?

This message was authored by Matt420 This message was authored by: Matt420

my broadband dropped on 2024-04-15 around 15:00 and have been unable to use the connection since then. The link states theres an outage in my area. What is the issue and when is the resoluton time as it is now 47hrs that I have not had the internet service that I have paid for

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Matt420 wrote:
theres an outage in my area. What is the issue and when is the resoluton time

@Matt420 

We can't say as we're customers here like yourself. If Openreach need to dig up the road or pavement not only do they need to gain permission from the council, they have to gather together a crew and equipment to carry out the task. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when the fault is first reported to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account (new rates from 01/04/24).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Ceren88 This message was authored by: Ceren88

@Exeter-user, do you know what ISP your neighbour is using? Thanks.

This message was authored by Exeter-user This message was authored by: Exeter-user

@Ceren88 They are using BT.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion