Discussion topic: Broadband Renewal

This message was authored by Theresams This message was authored by: Theresams

Broadband Renewal

My Sky is telling me that my broadband connection tract is up for renewal in 6 days. When I go to.look at my renewal options I am told that sky broadband is not available at my address.....I am on sky broadband!! I will of course not be accepting any oilut of contract rates because your website is quite clearly down. Please contact me.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband Renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Theresams Sky cannot contact you from a forum post. The reason why it is showing Sky cannot offer broadband at your address is most likely that your line is connected to a full fibre cabinet.  This does reduce your options as if you try to switch isps there is a liklehood you will lose your current connection as it will go to the first person on the waiting list. You can simply remain on your current deal on a monthly rolling contracr basis or try to  negotiate a new 18 month deal with Sky.  

You can check if the cabinet is full by entering your full address in this checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome look at the entrybtomthecrightbofvthe VDSL service if that says waiting list or unavailable that is the issue.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Aaln This message was authored by: Aaln

Re: Broadband Renewal

If you see a offer that sky currently does, and you are out of contract. Then you can say you've seen this deal nd they just apply it. Though you will get charged a £10 admin fee. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion