Discussion topic: Broadband Outage Cr8 postcode

This message was authored by sky+davids This message was authored by: sky+davids

Broadband Outage Cr8 postcode

Why when there is a broadband outage you only get to hear about it when you notice it and run a test. Then to frustrate you further a standard message saying this could take 2 days and then your just left waiting with no updates as to whether they have located the fault or even sent someone to check it out. It's not good enough Sky you need to be more proactive rather than reactive. Let me have hourly updates in human form not automated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Broadband Outage Cr8 postcode

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sky+davids wrote:
It's not good enough Sky you need to be more proactive rather than reactive. Let me have hourly updates in human form not automated.

@sky+davids 

That won't happen. Your budget subscription does not give you the opportunity for direct contact from an agent for outage issues and for them to be hourly is unreasonable to say the least. 2 days will be based on Openreach's target times for repairs. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@sky+davids  If you are looking for that kind of SLA for your broadband then you might want to budget more for the cost of your broadband.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
sky+davids
Topic Author
This message was authored by sky+davids This message was authored by: sky+davids

What do you all mean by budget as in pay more for another provider or what!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@sky+davids 

Domestic ISPs compete on price, and so all deliver a similarly minimal customer service on a wafer of profit margin.  Getting significantly better support and guarantees about response times means paying considerably more for 'business-grade' provision: as an example our site 300/30Mbs FTTP from BT Business with a seven-day 12-hour response service contract runs at about £180 a month.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion