Discussion topic: 14 wireless connections too many???

This message was authored by Yellabelly This message was authored by: Yellabelly

14 wireless connections too many???

Having major wireless dropouts since started with sky and told yesterday 14 things connected is too many so have to turn some off is this right 

Never had sky broadband before and never had this problem before 

All Replies

This message was authored by Ms+HM This message was authored by: Ms+HM

Re: 14 wireless connections too many???

This has happened to me for ages. Is Sky the problem? I've paid a fortune for access points, boosters etc. one minute it works fine then the next, nothing. Sometimes I can't print. Printer is next to router. Alexa keeps stopping mid radio show. I think I have 11 items needing internet but I don't use them all at once!! 

Yellabelly
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yellabelly This message was authored by: Yellabelly

Yes this just sounds like me chasing around to find out whats wrong ive even upgraded to sky wifi max and still exactly the same problems 

You are told to be more security conscious cctv and ring doorbell etc and sky tell you to turn them off as the broadband cannot cope what a joke at my previous place with BT i had loads of stuff running and never had a single problem it shows going cheaper doesent always work 

Do sky representatives actually look at these community chats 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yellabelly wrote:

at my previous place with BT i had loads of stuff running and never had a single problem

Your 'previous place' would have had an entirely different physical connection to the internet though (plus a different wireless environment).

Do sky representatives actually look at these community chats 

Yes, but not to answer issues: they act as moderators.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yellabelly wrote:

ive even upgraded to sky wifi max 

Unfortunately that means we can't use Hub statistics as a diagnosis tool, and Max appears to have teething trouble anyway. 

Which flavour of broadband are you subscribing to?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion