Discussion topic: Dexter has gone!

This message was authored by Frosty2235 This message was authored by: Frosty2235

Dexter has gone!

I know I'm late to the game, but whilst I was off over New Year's I finally started watching Dexter.

After the 1st episode from the Sky Atlantic Box Set I was hooked. I began watching on NYE, but as we went in to 2022 my Q box only managed to download 4 episodes. This is despite me seeing season 1 - 8 in the box set.

Curious as to why the next episode didn't download I went looking, but found NOTHING! NO DEXTER!! New Blood is available, but not the original series. Why has Sky removed it? You can't say it's an old series when the likes of Seinfeld and 24 still remain. Even less popular series are still available.

Can any explain why this has been removed? Where do I go know for my Dexter fix?

Best Answers
This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008 Answer

Re: Dexter has gone!

@Marta1979 

It's down to the rights that Sky had with Showtime as part of their original deal. However Showtime is launching as part of Paramount+ this year in the UK. 

So you'll have to be patient and either subscribe to Paramount+ directly, or sign up to the cinema package to get Paramount+ free of charge.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Frosty2235  Sky only hold the rights for so long before they return to the owner

they may return at some point in time 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It is always worth looking into when a series is going to be removed, this link will help with this depending on what box you have. Also if you have room it is worth downloaing the complete series as sometimes the show will remain on your box despite it being removed from Sky Boxsets.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008

@Frosty2235 

No doubt it's been removed because of the impending Paramount+ launch. 

Frosty2235
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frosty2235 This message was authored by: Frosty2235

In the past I've downloaded the entire box, but on this occasion I didn't think it would be an issue, especially during the recent ad campaign for New Blood.

Lesson learnt. Hopefully it'll reappear.

This message was authored by Aliciadms410 This message was authored by: Aliciadms410

Exactly what I came on to say, they keep it on box sets for 8 years after show finishes and get rid of it when people want to recap before new series

This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008

@Frosty2235 

If you have the cinema package you'll get Paramount+ for no extra cost. So the series would return for that reason.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

dexter is a showtime/cbs series so likely cbs hasn't continued the rights into 2022 in anticipatioon of the launch of paramount plus in uk & ireland

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Serine This message was authored by: Serine

I am so annoyed today!! I went to watch series 8 episode 5... all gone! To say I'm gutted is an understatement 😫 

This message was authored by Marta1979 This message was authored by: Marta1979

Would be nice to get an explaination... ?  Perhaps an indication as to where/when we can watch Dexter?

This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008 Answer

@Marta1979 

It's down to the rights that Sky had with Showtime as part of their original deal. However Showtime is launching as part of Paramount+ this year in the UK. 

So you'll have to be patient and either subscribe to Paramount+ directly, or sign up to the cinema package to get Paramount+ free of charge.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

It's on Paramount+ in Australia so no reason think why I won't be here

https://www.amazon.com.au/s?k=dexter&crid=2A0LNK1E3GWPE&sprefix=Dex%2Caps%2C226&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-...

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

another poster (timelord) posted in september in this https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Dexter-missing-subtitles/m-p/3767452#M120813 that it was due to expire at the end of the year (2021) so it was known that this was the expiration date

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Also there is a "Sign In With Partner" option in Paramount+ in Australia so there might be workaround for Non Sky Q customers with Sky Cinema In the UK

Screenshot_20220101-172910_Samsung Internet.jpg

This message was authored by Smegmeister This message was authored by: Smegmeister

Same here, was up to Season 3 Ep5 and wondered why the next episode hadnt downloaded.....Im gutted!!!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion