Discussion topic: Still being billed by previous provider after switch

SamF1923
Topic Author
This message was authored by SamF1923 This message was authored by: SamF1923

Re: Still being billed by previous provider after switch

@IK2 I have escalated it to customer priority team who appear to know what they are doing unlike the customer service department who I initially spoke to. The customer priority have covered my financial losses incurred from my previous provider still billing me. Hopefully they can help you too, a £10 Tesco voucher is an insult for something that isn't your fault. I hope you get it sorted. If not you can escalate it further with the Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).

This message was authored by IK2 This message was authored by: IK2

Thank you for your reply, I will certainly do that cause I am tired of the generic questions given by customer service at this point.

again, your input is much appreciated!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IK2 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I will certainly do that cause I am tired of the generic questions given by customer service at this point.

again, your input is much appreciated!

Just a note in order to eventually get it to CISAS you first need to have raised an official complaint with Sky and they have 8 weeks to find a resolution. If you aren't happy with the resolution and you are at statement with Sky you can then request a deadlock letter. It's this letter you need to be able to take it further.

You can raise a complaint here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Details of how the complaint process works and obtaining a deadlock letter and taking it to arbitration can be found here: 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Thank you for the clarification, I will follow the process and hopefully report back with an update.

Hello,

I wanted to provide you with an update on my recent interactions regarding the issue we discussed. After investing considerable time on the phone and exchanging numerous emails, I was eventually connected to the priority team. To my surprise, instead of the initially offered £10 Tesco voucher, they graciously extended a £15 voucher as a goodwill gesture.

However, I made it clear to the agent that my primary concern was not about vouchers or gestures, but rather addressing the underlying issue of being double billed due to a failure on Sky's part. Consequently, I requested a deadlock letter to escalate the matter further.

Following further discussion, lasting approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, the representative handling my case agreed to credit my account with an amount equivalent to a refund, rather than providing a direct refund, which I agreed to.

I appreciate the advice, @MarkGoldsmith, @SamF1923, and I hope Sky addresses this issue fully to save its customers unnecessary headaches.

SamF1923
Topic Author
This message was authored by SamF1923 This message was authored by: SamF1923

Hi @IK2 

Thank you for taking the time to provide an update. I am so pleased to hear that you have had a satisfactory outcome! And I'm glad that I was of some help. 

Hopefully everyone whose been effected can follow suit.

Take care.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion