Discussion topic: Bill not changed after speaking to an agent.

This message was authored by Shazza241 This message was authored by: Shazza241

Bill not changed after speaking to an agent.

I'm still in contract but after seen the price increase with the inflation charge next month I needed to reduce my bill down. I've spoke to an agent who will cancel my sky broadband boost charge and thats all they can do as I'm in contract, pathetic as I'm a customer of 20 years but they want to charge me to change anything else. My question is I've just received an email about my recent changes and my new bill price, to log into my account to check them over but nothing has changed, my bill still has the broadband boost on and my future bills are including the boost and the price hike. Please tell me its not another phone call to them to sort this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 😊

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Bill not changed after speaking to an agent.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shazza241 

The future bills might not show the changes instantly. I'd suggest trying again tomorrow. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Shazza241 

When is your next bill due to be paid because if it is the next 14 days or less then it is to late for the change to be shown on it so it should appear on next months but back dated to the day (today ?) that you spoke to Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Shazza241 wrote:
...thats all they can do as I'm in contract, pathetic as I'm a customer of 20 years but they want to charge me to change anything else.

That's exactly what being 'in contract' means regardless of tenure.  They are not obliged to allow changes - of course, you can consider that when renewing..... (if renewing)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Shazza241
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shazza241 This message was authored by: Shazza241

@caesarome thank you, yes my bill is due out on the 10th of April that is why I specifically asked the agent would the changes be applicable from next month to which she said yes rather than being honest and saying it would be May.

@PandJ2020 I appreciate this is what being in a contract means but it should also mean that they can't change my price until my contract ends not hike it up by an extra £10 a month due to inflation and what annoys me more us that your loyalty to a company doesn't mean nothing anymore, if I was a new customer I can have my exact same package for £50 a month thats nearly £30 cheaper than what I'm paying, its exciting customers they should be looking after and that's all I wanted them to do, I was just asking to keep the same package for the price I pay now until October when my contract ends and after nearly 20 years of loyalty and never missing one single payment they are offering to save me £5 a month if I change my package and also pay a £19 charge to do so. Its just disgusting!

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Shazza241 wrote:

@PandJ2020 I appreciate this is what being in a contract means but it should also mean that they can't change my price until my contract ends not hike it up by an extra £10 a month due to inflation

Sounds like you haven't read the contract.  It explicitly says they can increase the price during the minimum term.  Given you've been a customer for 20 years you must be aware of this as it happens every year...

Unfortunately, all comms firms offer new customers the best deals to get them to switch and then rely on them staying at higher rates.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

It doesn't matter if they are still in contract @PandJ2020 they have agreed a change to it with Sky and their bill hasn't updated to show this change.

Also @Shazza241 with a price increase to Sky BB you are allowed to cancel within a certain time frame (30 days?) of being told of the increase, with TV packages you can't as it's in your t&c. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion