Discussion topic: Price increase in April and again in June?

This message was authored by StephenG26 This message was authored by: StephenG26

Price increase in April and again in June?

My bill increases by £3.50 in April but then a further £10 in June. Is this correct?

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Price increase in April and again in June?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StephenG26 wrote:

My bill increases by £3.50 in April but then a further £10 in June. Is this correct?

@StephenG26 the increase in April will be the yearly price increase the change in June will be a discount ending

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
StephenG26
Topic Author
This message was authored by StephenG26 This message was authored by: StephenG26

Can a discount be removed on an 18 month contract?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@StephenG26 wrote:

Its quite possible the deal you got, the discount wasn't for 18 months. There are and have been deals in the past where its an 18 month minimum term contract but the deal is something like "half price Sky Sports" for 6 months.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@StephenG26 wrote:

The discount itself hasn't been removed, so let us say for example your discount is 20%, it is the price prior to this that is increasing as the 20% discount itself is still in place.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
StephenG26
Topic Author

Thank you for the response but it is the discount of £10 for Essential TV that has been removed. 

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

The Sky Essentials TV package is usually a rolling monthly contract but the discounted price agreed is for 12 months, and not their usual 18. Would this make sense and account for the £10 increase? 

StephenG26
Topic Author

Thanks but no - my new 18 month contract started end of October last year and this discount removal us some 7 months in.

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

In that case phone them and explain. There were other Sky customers I read about (either on here or another forum recently) who had discounts incorrectly removed on future bills. It looks like it's the latest trick by Sky to make a little bit more money by hoping customers don't notice or can't be bothered to sort out. 

StephenG26
Topic Author

Thanks- will do 👍

Let us know how you get on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion