Discussion topic: sky Q movies & paramount+ are the same or used to be!

This message was authored by st3vey This message was authored by: st3vey

sky Q movies & paramount+ are the same or used to be!

Been with sky for years and over the last year i have noticed that sky movies are getting less than what they used to be...

Paramount+ app which is free to those with sky movies is a con

Seams to me sky are splitting up their movies content and creating other apps/sections then charging for them unless you get it for free lol

Almost all paramount movies used to be included in sky movies... just another con to get more money out of you.

ive been with sky years but once my contract ends next year im scrapping all my packs and may just keep standard tv or leave.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: sky Q movies & paramount+ are the same or used to be!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@st3vey wrote:

Almost all paramount movies used to be included in sky movies....

Quite possibly, but that's how global distribution licencing works.  Paramount Pictures has been a movie studio for more than a century so their back catalogue is pretty sizeable, and they get to decide whether a newcomer like Sky (or any other broadcaster/streamer) can have ongoing rights to any of it: now they have their own-brand app platform it's entirely logical that their content will be there instead.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
st3vey
Topic Author
This message was authored by st3vey This message was authored by: st3vey

True mate but as a sky customer it sucks 😉

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@st3vey 

I think as more & more Studios etc start their own Streaming Services it was bound to happen. 

FYI Paramount is a separate entity to SKY although they have partnered with SKY to give access to the app for Cinema Customers - it is not SKY splitting it off, it is Paramount themselves

Others have commented on the decline of SKY Cinema - there have been a few discussions - one of the more recent ones:

SKY Cinema New Movies 

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

This is the same with a lot of the movie company and Sky in fairness, Just have to think about all the old Fox and Disney films that are gone from Sky Movies, Paramount is next on the cards to go but unlike Fox and Disney they won't be an extra charge at moment to watch those as they will be added to Paramount Plus. 

The bigger question is why Sky doesn't have more of the NBC/Dreamworks Catalogue on there platform when they are effectively under the same company. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion