Discussion topic: NFL games not on sky

This message was authored by tpenk1988 This message was authored by: tpenk1988

NFL games not on sky

Hoping someone can help with this. I've looked at the NFL schedule over October and November and can see that there are the usual games starting at 6pm and 9.25pm on Sundays across both months. However when looking at the sky schedule it appears they're not being shown. I'm aware that ITV and some other broadcasters have the rights to certain games but it seems like these games aren't being televised anywhere. Seems like if this is correct we're missing out on a significant part of the season and worse those games that are easiest to watch in the UK

Best Answers
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

Re: NFL games not on sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, this was sky announcement for the present deal.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12047354/nfl-and-sky-sports-unveil-sky-sports-nfl-as-part-o...

There is a minimum of 5 games every week in the regular season.

For the 6pm and 9:25pm games, sky pick these on Tuesday nights and announce them at the end of on the weekly review show

To my knowledge, the only game on itv that was not on on sky sports was last weeks 2pm game of packers v giants (what a horrible job the itv commentators did). Also the remaining London game I think is itv.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Deleted. Misread question 

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

No, this was sky announcement for the present deal.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12047354/nfl-and-sky-sports-unveil-sky-sports-nfl-as-part-o...

There is a minimum of 5 games every week in the regular season.

For the 6pm and 9:25pm games, sky pick these on Tuesday nights and announce them at the end of on the weekly review show

To my knowledge, the only game on itv that was not on on sky sports was last weeks 2pm game of packers v giants (what a horrible job the itv commentators did). Also the remaining London game I think is itv.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
tpenk1988
Topic Author
This message was authored by tpenk1988 This message was authored by: tpenk1988

Great news, I've not long been using the package so hadn't seen this detail. Thanks a lot for the info.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

As well as the 5 games every week, there will be others in addition.

Thanksgiving will have the 2 additional matches. Week 15, 16, and 18 will have the Saturday games too and sky have always shown these (Saturday is the main day in week 16 but I think there is 3 games on Christmas day too)

Week 15 and 18 schedule decided closer so the Saturday games have playoff implications

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

The only way to get all the games in the UK is a combination of NFL Game Pass and Sky Sports. How Sky picks the games they show seems very random as it's not always the biggest games of the week.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion