Discussion topic: no amazon prime

This message was authored by jaolka This message was authored by: jaolka

no amazon prime

My dad who is 98 has sky mainly for sports especially football but someone has told him there will no football this year on Boxing Day as all the matches are on Amazon Prime but he doesn't have that nor access to the internet and doesn't want that at his age - he said the other day that they were talking about different football matches coming up but he couldn't find them so I assume they must have been on Amazon too 

Is there any other way round it so he can watch these matches as he cannot afford to pay for another service 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: no amazon prime

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jaolka wrote:

Is there any other way round it so he can watch these matches as he cannot afford to pay for another service 

If there was, Amazon wouldn't have forked out for exclusive rights.

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service won the rights to show every game from the first round of midweek fixtures in December and all 10 matches on 26 December as part of a three-year* deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151 

*renewed without change in 2021 to cover seasons to 2025

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jaolka wrote:

but someone has told him there will no football this year on Boxing Day as all the matches are on Amazon Prime

That is correct as these matches are on Amazon on Boxing Day only with a kick of time of 15:00 but then this weeks midweek games are also on Amazon as there were a few on Tuesday, Wednesday and a few this evening. With regards to Boxing Day as they all kick of at the same time is it really worth worrying about for just one day ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Austinored This message was authored by: Austinored

And for some reason they stopped showing football in 4K, I've asked them and they've apologised...but didn't give me a reason 

Panasonic 50cx700 sky q 2tb, keep the 3d films, I am still watching those
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@jaolka wrote:

My dad who is 98 has sky mainly for sports especially football but someone has told him there will no football this year on Boxing Day as all the matches are on Amazon Prime but he doesn't have that nor access to the internet and doesn't want that at his age - he said the other day that they were talking about different football matches coming up but he couldn't find them so I assume they must have been on Amazon too 

This has been the case since 2019. If he didn't notice the Amazon-only matches in previous years, chances are he won't miss them this year either. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion