Discussion topic: Wizarding World channel

This message was authored by Becm1984 This message was authored by: Becm1984

Wizarding World channel

Whilst I appreciate that the films arent for everyone, is there any practical reason why the Wizarding Channel showing the HP and FB films cant remain on permanently? Theres a huge number of 'open' channel numbers and given their popularity, I cant see why they're restricted to school holidays only (although we havent had any this summer). If we can have 'movies 24' and various +1 channels, surely theres space?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Wizarding World channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Becm1984 

Sky are not allowed to have the rights to this films permanently as they switch between the various broadcasters throughout the year, I'm sure they would like nothing more than to keep them all the time but it just isn't possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The various movies are available to stream on Sky Cinema during school time (subject to license, information correct at time of posting)

Then if sky had a channel just on all the time, there would also be complaints about. There are complaints here when they do it at school holidays.

Sky do know viewing figures for watching these movies during holidays so I'd think they would have the analytical skill to extrapolate what would be viewing figure at other times (based on models they have)

You could email viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk to log your suggestion (as this is mostly a viewer helps viewer forum)

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Becm1984 wrote:

is there any practical reason why the Wizarding Channel showing the HP and FB films cant remain on permanently? 

Given that remains a massively lucrative franchise, I'd suggest it's extremely unlikely that Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc would even consider granting any external company 'permanent' rights to the relevant content.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Becm1984 

Sky are not allowed to have the rights to this films permanently as they switch between the various broadcasters throughout the year, I'm sure they would like nothing more than to keep them all the time but it just isn't possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Becm1984
Topic Author
This message was authored by Becm1984 This message was authored by: Becm1984

Many thanks all, I assumed there would be a reason why, I just couldnt work out what it would be! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion