Discussion topic: Why has the UK version of BBC2HD been removed from the programmer?

This message was authored by Skyskyblue This message was authored by: Skyskyblue

Why has the UK version of BBC2HD been removed from the programmer?

Why has the UK version of BBC2 HD been removed from the programmer with no warning whatsover?

My recording of Marie Antionette failed this week because of this.  

BBC one UK HD version is still there, so why remove BBC2 HD?   Aside from causing series record failures there are many other  reasons to retain this station, due to variations in programming between the channels.

Last night I had to wait an additional 1hr 10 mins to watch the follow up programme to the Apprentice as the scheduled time for bbc2 NI is 11.10 instead of the normal bbc2 time of 10pm.

Many of us do not want to watch Northern Ireland political discussion shows, and whilst I'm a devotee of the Blame game, it's not everyones cup of tea.

We have had the option of both channels for many years.  Please restore this immediately.   

I'm aware it can be manually tuned, but that means not being able to record the channel, which is not what I'm paying you your ever increasing fees for.  Please reverse this incomprehensible decision.

Thank you.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Why has the UK version of BBC2HD been removed from the programmer?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skyskyblue

EDIT - According to this thread, it should be on Ch 970

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-January-2023/m-p/4187001#M133597

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Skyskyblue 

I'm afraid that you are not talking to Sky, this is a community of customers. BBC Two HD is on channel 102 for those licensed to view it.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Skyskyblue 

Are you in ROI or Northern Ireland?

In Roi, there is the uk feed of bbc 2 sd on 969, and also an hd bbc one feed on 976.

Unfortunately, this was a decision of bbc to change the feed  for bbc 2 hd in roi and ni. Bbc decide what stations and where they are broadcast. Complaints should be directed to bbc via https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints

I do agree with you, I did find it convenient having the general bbc 2 hd feed for when bbc 2 ni have ttheir clashes, but bbc made the decision

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by N1vek77 This message was authored by: N1vek77

Couldn't agree more... Typical $ky not communicating & losing series links & text is history on BVC in ROI no thanks to same. Love blame game too but it puts back Graham Norton etc etc. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@N1vek77 wrote

• Couldn't agree more... Typical $ky not communicating & losing series links & text is history on BVC in ROI no thanks to same. Love blame game too but it puts back Graham Norton etc etc. 

Sky communicating updates to the epg in this thread https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-January-2023/td-p/4187001

There is also another bbc1 hd feed on 976 in roi so Graham norton show is on slightly earlier there

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by N1vek77 This message was authored by: N1vek77

Yes aware of that. Cheers though 

Skyskyblue
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skyskyblue This message was authored by: Skyskyblue

Hi all, thanks for the replies, and apologies for mistaking this as a forum to feedback.

Skyskyblue
Topic Author

Sadly not in the republic.  970 comes up as no channel

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Skyskyblue wrote:

Hi all, thanks for the replies, and apologies for mistaking this as a forum to feedback.

@Skyskyblue no need to apologise as long as you found the correct answer to your question 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Skyskyblue
Topic Author

Hi I think you'll find that SD has been removed also.

I think you're possibly wrong in blaming the BBC though, as the feed is available to manually tune in on 10847 via astra satellite.  It just seems Sky has made the decision to remove it from their planner.

Cheers

Skyskyblue
Topic Author

Apolofies, thought I was replying to individuals and it seems apparent I was just replying to the thread.  DOH

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Skyskyblue wrote:

I think you're possibly wrong in blaming the BBC though, as the feed is available to manually tune in on 10847 via astra satellite.  It just seems Sky has made the decision to remove it from their planner.

Cheers

@Skyskyblue did you check out channel 970 for the UK HD version of BBC2

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Skyskyblue wrote:

Cheers

Sky cannot remove a channel unless it has breached its contract or OFCOM request the removal or the channel itself requests removal

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Skyskyblue wrote:

Cheers

It's entirely down to the BBC - they own the slots on the Sky EPG and they alone decide what channels use them.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion