Discussion topic: Where do I go to find a particular piece of music from Sky News?

This message was authored by Lauzxxx This message was authored by: Lauzxxx

Where do I go to find a particular piece of music from Sky News?

Hi All,😄

I heard a beautiful piece of music played on Sky News today ( Sunday 18/9/22) during a repeated segment of news called Death Of A Queen. The segment shows The Queens coffin being transported by plane from Balmoral, landing at RAF Northolt and then parading through the dark streets of London (from an Ariel view) and entering Buckingham Palace. I wondered if somebody may know who to, or where I go, to ask about the music Sky News plays?  It was such a beautiful piece🤔🤗 Thanks in advance X

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Where do I go to find a particular piece of music from Sky News?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lauzxxx  Contacting Viewer Relations ViewerR@sky.uk would be your best bet.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Lauzxxx
Topic Author

Hi GD1, will try that,thanks😃

Lauzxxx
Topic Author

Hello  @GD1 As a new person I'm a little unfamiliar with where I am and what I'm doing' I did click on your link, which took me to ana area asking me to switch to a different Microsoft account...didn't want to do this so I have researched programme on youtube and found the 34minute Sky News Programme this lovely music was on. I also found a lady who was asking about the music as well, so I shall continue my search from there. Thankyou SO much for answering me. I shall know where to start my search again in future, kind regards Lauzxxx

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lauzxxx wrote:

Hello  @GD1 As a new person I'm a little unfamiliar with where I am and what I'm doing' I did click on your link, which took me to ana area asking me to switch to a different Microsoft account...didn't want to do this so I have researched programme on youtube and found the 34minute Sky News Programme this lovely music was on. I also found a lady who was asking about the music as well, so I shall continue my search from there. Thankyou SO much for answering me. I shall know where to start my search again in future, kind regards Lauzxxx

hi @Lauzxxx 

The link you clicked on above is just an email address - the link may have tried to open your email app/programme . 

You can send an email to that address using whatever email system / account you want but may need to retype the email address above rather than clicking on it as a link

I hope you manage to track down the info you wish regarding the music

This message was authored by rp43 This message was authored by: rp43

I actually sent an email 6 days ago as suggested, asking about this piece of music. No reply to date.

This message was authored by puma8 This message was authored by: puma8

The SkyNews youtube channel has a ton of footage from the reporting on the Queen. If you can find the clip and post it here someone might know it or you can try and shazam it.

Lauzxxx
Topic Author

Hi All, I just came here with a link to the video I have been asking about. Thank you all for your help.  The piece of music I am seeking begins to play at 16.34 as the Queen arrives at Northholt Airfield and  continues on as she is taken through the darkened London Streets to Buckingham Palace it ends around 18.49.  Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2N7wqmHwWw&list=PLU460AUXsMRTCp7JiQzDbiGTUVF8meOUk&index=2

I've only just found the last reply so thank you SO much. I just wanted to find out the name of the music, composer and who plays it. Fingers crossed someone might know !!!

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Lauzxxx wrote:

Hi All, I just came here with a link to the video I have been asking about. Thank you all for your help.  The piece of music I am seeking begins to play at 16.34 as the Queen arrives at Northholt Airfield and  continues on as she is taken through the darkened London Streets to Buckingham Palace it ends around 18.49.  Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2N7wqmHwWw&list=PLU460AUXsMRTCp7JiQzDbiGTUVF8meOUk&index=2

I've only just found the last reply so thank you SO much. I just wanted to find out the name of the music, composer and who plays it. Fingers crossed someone might know !!!

@Lauzxxx 

You will never find it on any music streaming services or the like. Broadcasters tend to create their own bespoke compositions, of which that piece is one. Unfortunately they're not available for private use and are available only for the 'industry'. 

The piece is 100% from the SATV Music stable (owned by Sky for trade use). You can listen to all available audio but I doubt you will find it... unless you've got a LOT of spare time to work through them all. 

Best of luck. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion