Discussion topic: US Open tennis

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: US Open 2023 court selection on Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RichAA1 wrote:

Hi, I've just started using Sky Stream which I've got specifically to watch the US Open tennis. So far I can see tennis is being broadcast on three channels, although the same coverage is on being shown on two channels for a reason that escapes me. I've seen that you should be able to access live streams of all 16 courts but I cannot work out how to do that.  Does anyone know? Also will there be on demand replays of matches played during our night time? I'm used to watching tennis on Prime and it was fantastic coverage. Thanks

As discussed in another thread on here;

From red button you are as you say taken to the ranking page (no idea why),, hit the sky remote backup key.

That puts you on the court choice line, scroll left for the 17 or so courts.

Choose the court with select.

Use select when it shows  watch live.

To return to the stream choice, while watching a stream, choose select and back button and scroll either left or right for other streams.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

Re: US Open tennis

Hi,

I don't have a red button on my Sky Stream remote. Just the button with the 4 colours and the red outline button which just adds it to a playgirl. Nothing I press seems to work 🙄 

This message was authored by MHennessy This message was authored by: MHennessy

I am trying to watch on an app on my laptop but cannot see how to choose courts

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@RichAA1 wrote:

Hi,

I don't have a red button on my Sky Stream remote. Just the button with the 4 colours and the red outline button which just adds it to a playgirl. Nothing I press seems to work 🙄 

Please see this from another Stream user :

Tennis on Stream 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

The individual streams are available to select from a Sports rail, rather than going through red button.

Say 'us open' with Sky q remote. Assume does same on Stream.

Or go to Home>Sports>US Open and scroll down to live court streams

You need to hit backup to view stream full screen and to switch to another stream use select and back button.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by carolineb68 This message was authored by: carolineb68

What a disappointing effort from Sky Sports for the all court coverage. Really clunky UI, cannot watch from start, pause, ffwd or rewind and there are NO REPLAYS AVAILABLE! So, I'm paying a significant amount more than Prime for a massively inferior experience and will end up being unable to watch many of the matches I want to because they are on overnight. Great....and the rumour is ATP and WTA rights in the UK are going to Sky from 2024 as Prime haven't renewed, ugh.

I haven't been able to access the court coverage yet (still hoping I can find out how to do this) but my fears of moving tennis from Prime to Sky have been confirmed -  it's awful. And there are adverts as well!  It doesn't sound the court feeds are any better by the sound of it, if I can ever find them!

This message was authored by carolineb68 This message was authored by: carolineb68

@RichAA1 if you have SkyQ, go down the menu on the homepage to Sports, select US Open and you'll see all the streams. 

Can I suggest that you complain to Sky if you're unhappy with their coverage? Email 

viewerR@sky.uk. I just have! I'm worried that we will have the same awful experience from Jan if the rumours are true that they have the ATP & WTA rights from 2024.

Hi,

Thanks, I will do.

I have found the court coverage finally.  There was "court choice" pop up that hadn't appeared before which when selected brought up player rankings but having seen a thread that said use the back button I was able to see the courts menu.

Shame that it sounds like we won't have replays. I'm only trialing Sky, so suffice to say I won't be keeping it if this is the quality of coverage!!

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: US Open 2023 court selection on Sky Stream

@lettice wrote:

As discussed in another thread on here;

From red button you are as you say taken to the ranking page (no idea why),, hit the sky remote backup key.

That puts you on the court choice line, scroll left for the 17 or so courts.

Choose the court with select.

Use select when it shows  watch live.

To return to the stream choice, while watching a stream, choose select and back button and scroll either left or right for other streams.

Sky rarely make things easy do they..lol

The word convoluted comes to mind.. 😂

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Shashie This message was authored by: Shashie

I totally agree. It's really terrible. Why can't I watch a tennis stream from the start like i do with prime? Instead when pressing select it just takes you live to where it is in the Match. Why would I want that? I want to see a match from start and FF or rewind as I need.. Can't pause the stream either. And are there no matches on demand being shown once the live stream finished. I want to come in from work and be able to look for the match I want that was on earlier in day. Am I missing something? Sharon

It's very poor coverage.

I have emailed Sky viewerR@sky.uk with the same feedback. Plus it's so much more expensive than Prime!!

Here's Sky's reply to my complaint which is factually incorrect. They get the same feeds as Prime did but have chosen to do nothing with them other than play them out over the internet. Needless to say, I have replied!!!

Thanks for your email regarding the US Open on Sky Sports.
I am sorry to read you were unhappy with our coverage.

Sky Sports coverage of the US Open is provided by our host broadcaster
in the US and we have no control
on there format.
Also live coverage on SkyQ is a different process to broadcast than a
streaming service.

I have passed your feedback on to the producers and trust you continue
to enjoy the US Open.
Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Thanks,

I  expect to receive the same reply to my complaint as well!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion