Discussion topic: UK Sky Sports subscribers in Ireland

This message was authored by cluey35 This message was authored by: cluey35

UK Sky Sports subscribers in Ireland

Hi, I live in the UK and subscribe to Sky Sports. This weekend we're off to see family in Ireland. Does anyone know if the Sky Sports app (to watch Premier league) is available when in Ireland? 

No doubt pubs will have it on, but Easter Sunday the local Pubs is a really busy day.

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: UK Sky Sports subscribers in Ireland

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cluey35 

Note that's traveling to an EU country, and post-Brexit the subscription content roaming regulations don't apply.  I'd think it's quite possible you'll run into rights issues with your UK account or, more likely, the app won't function at all, even when an RoI Sky subscriber using Sky Go or the Sky Sports app might have full access to exactly the same content.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I would have thought it will be available while you are in Ireland as you can use Sky Go there,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
cluey35
Topic Author

Thanks for that. I thought that would be the case, all Sky terms seem to state "UK & ROI" but footy can be a funny one with rights and all that. I'll try it out when I get there, if not then it'll be a busy day in the pub (so not exactly a hardship).... 🙂

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@cluey35 

Note that's traveling to an EU country, and post-Brexit the subscription content roaming regulations don't apply.  I'd think it's quite possible you'll run into rights issues with your UK account or, more likely, the app won't function at all, even when an RoI Sky subscriber using Sky Go or the Sky Sports app might have full access to exactly the same content.

cluey35
Topic Author

We'll see what I can do when I get there. Although I did think it was unlikely given the roaming changes (same with mobile phones, now costs me a fortune to use 20 miles over the border).

Brexit.. The gift that keeps on giving..

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cluey35 

Cellular roaming is different and should only cost £2 per day at most to access a UK bundle though.  What's potentially expensive is that calls or texts from a mobile with a UK SIM to Irish numbers would be charged at international rates.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion