Discussion topic: “Somewhere boy” new series WONT DOWNLOAD & Multiple Sky Q issues

This message was authored by wkeith This message was authored by: wkeith

Re: Non stacking of recordings

my parents have 2 really old original "sky plus" boxes. And are having small issues.  They can put use any pay per view, or box sets.  And the only "resolve"they have been told is we "buy" 2 newest boxes. Or upgrade to skyq.  They are elderly, disabled. And can barely operate a smart phone.  There is no way on earth I would "upgrade" them to sky q.  It would be a massive "downgrade" 

We sold our old HD boxes on ebay when I "up/downgraded" to SKY Q - might be a cost effective source - Its pretty easy to reassign the viewing card - only issue is you lose recordings from original box.

SONOS soundbar, Virgin V6 x2 , Superhub 3 in modem mode, Eero pro x 2 and 3 x Eero
This message was authored by Max.oo1 This message was authored by: Max.oo1

@danny3434  Absolutely everything you have said & I also get recordings of things I would never dream of recording pop up on my planner. 
say yes to the dress, 90 day fiancé, the Kardashian's etc

danny3434
Topic Author
This message was authored by danny3434 This message was authored by: danny3434

Re: “Somewhere boy” new series WONT DOWNLOAD

It's taken me 47 days to watch 8 little episodes of this show.  With 1-2 weeks between every episode. 

im literally sick to death of sky.

they don't care.  ITS PLAIN AND SIMPLE

they fob me off. Do nothing 

I'm in contract  they don't care.  They take £81 PCM from me knowing I can't leave. But they don't have to provide a working box? 

I think not.  CANCELLING MY DIRECT DEBIT NOW!!!!

danny3434
Topic Author

I think it's time for major action 

im going to cancel my Dirext Debit. 

sod sky. They have made it VERY CLEAR that they don't care. 
they are doing nothing to fix any of it. 

Im sick of this. I pay £81 PER MONTH I'm in contract and "FORCED TO PAY"  but what? They are not forced to provide me a working connection???? 

let them take me to court.  I have over 200 pictures of **bleep**ed up screens. Failed to download shows.  Messed up episodes.  The lot. 

IM DONE!!! 

look at this??? 
WHAT the hell am I supposed to do with this screen tonight?????????

ADAE83D6-22E4-4DF9-8436-F591A8F56A34.jpeg

so what is it? 
series 2 episode 12? 
or is it S3 Episode 5? 
Or is it the episode in the picture? 

guess what...  ITS NONE OF THEM!!!!!!! 

series 2-4 and something else are all merged together. 
I've spent  over  1 hour trying to work out the correct order.  And I've given up. 

SKY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@danny3434 wrote:

I think it's time for major action 

im going to cancel my Dirext Debit. 

sod sky. They have made it VERY CLEAR that they don't care. 
they are doing nothing to fix any of it. 

Im sick of this. I pay £81 PER MONTH I'm in contract and "FORCED TO PAY"  but what? They are not forced to provide me a working connection???? 

let them take me to court.  I have over 200 pictures of **bleep**ed up screens. Failed to download shows.  Messed up episodes.  The lot. 

IM DONE!!! 

look at this??? 
WHAT the hell am I supposed to do with this screen tonight?????????

ADAE83D6-22E4-4DF9-8436-F591A8F56A34.jpeg

so what is it? 
series 2 episode 12? 
or is it S3 Episode 5? 
Or is it the episode in the picture? 

guess what...  ITS NONE OF THEM!!!!!!! 

series 2-4 and something else are all merged together. 
I've spent  over  1 hour trying to work out the correct order.  And I've given up. 

SKY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE 

@danny3434  if you cancel your direct debit you'll have a lot more to worry about than  few recording issues and failed downloads..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
danny3434
Topic Author

Bring it on. 
im going to make them listen. 

im sat here at this time of night. As usual. With my TV costing me £81 per month  SWITCHED FIRMLY OFF!!! 
with nothing to do.

I currently  have 11 series I've started. And cannot continue with. 

it took me 47 days to watch 8 episodes of "somewhere boy"  BECUASE they wouldn't download. 

I've reported it. 
move called them.

Ive waited. 
I've been patient.

now I'm done. 

im a year into a 18 month contract. And NONE of that time has the thing worked right as it should.

as far as I'm concerned they owe me a years money back. 

so I'm not paying a penny more till it's fixed. 

they can come collect their junk boxes..

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@danny3434 wrote.  CANCELLING MY DIRECT DEBIT NOW!!!!

Up to you. But that would be unwise and certainly won't help.

danny3434
Topic Author

What's the alternative? 

keep giving my money to a company that is providing me nothing in return? Who won't fix the issues? And doesn't care about the issues? 

im sat here tonight without sky on.  I cannot watch it. It simply won't work. Doesn't work. And I'm unable to comeplete ANY series on it? 

im 14 ish months into a 18 month contract. And not 1 single month in that time has sky worked correctly. 

I spend 6out of 7 nights a week turning sky off in anger as yet more things won't work or load, or download, or are so messed up I cannot work out out how to watch it. 

as far as I am concerned sky are in breach of contract. And are yet to provide me a fully working service. 
must not worth paying for like this.

Id rather throw money onto the street than give it to a £multimillion company that's robbing it from me. 

I'll be ringing them in the morning to to give them an official statement of intent to stop paying for it. And that I consider them to be in breach of contract, and that they have failed to repair it a year on.

ill also be calling OFCOM to report them.  

including reporting them for delaying posts I've writen about all the faults. Trying to cover it up. Play it down. And fob everyone off. 

THEY DONT CARE!!!!!!! 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@danny3434 wrote:

Bring it on. 
im going to make them listen. 

im sat here at this time of night. As usual. With my TV costing me £81 per month  SWITCHED FIRMLY OFF!!! 
with nothing to do.

I currently  have 11 series I've started. And cannot continue with. 

it took me 47 days to watch 8 episodes of "somewhere boy"  BECUASE they wouldn't download. 

I've reported it. 
move called them.

Ive waited. 
I've been patient.

now I'm done. 

im a year into a 18 month contract. And NONE of that time has the thing worked right as it should.

as far as I'm concerned they owe me a years money back. 

so I'm not paying a penny more till it's fixed. 

they can come collect their junk boxes..

We always advise against such action.

It will not make any difference to SKY

They will restrict your services  & you are likely to be in debt which they may pass to Debt collectors and is likely to  affect your credit rating.

Whilst you are in debt I, also, believe they   limit access to call centres to discuss & require you to be back in credit before you can call.

danny3434
Topic Author

So I called sky. 
got through to "sky q technical"

and the guy started denying the issues as known,,! Then changed it to being aware of some of my issues, but that he's NEVER had a single customer with all these faults in 1 house. 

going on what I've read here that's simply not true. 
i quoted the 100s pages on this thread alone. And he said it's impossible to have that many issues on 1 box.

so I said where does that leave me if your denying I have the issues I'm telling you I have. 
He said they have a screen listing any known faults. Or combination of faults.  And I would be the "ONLY PERSON ON SKY" with all these faults. 

hea booked my 1st engineer since my install. To come out tomorrow 19th dec. 

BECUASE he "doesn't believe I could have that many faults" and the engineer can see them. 

I told him I won't pay a penny more. 
I told him I believe im owed at LEAST 12 months refund

that as of 1st march I'm giving notice to leave unless a serious fix is found and a serious refund is issued. 

he's logged an official complaints for the most senior team to look into. Once the engineer reports back. 

so we will see. 

This message was authored by Tomthecatty This message was authored by: Tomthecatty

Unfortunately Sky are in denial about these issues. After some phone calls I did get someone to admit that it was a known problem, most of the customer services continue to deny there's anything wrong. 

Sky even sent an engineer out to my friend's house. He took one look at the non stacking and missing thumbnails and said he'd seen a lot of these recently and he couldn't do anything to fix it. When she asked for a refund via the online chat she was told that recording wasn't a core component of Sky Q and she couldn't have one. 

Like me she's not renewing her contract when it finishes. 

The lies that Sky staff tell their customers is beyond belief. 

This message was authored by Mormor1950 This message was authored by: Mormor1950

@Tomthecatty 

I totally get what you're saying and this has gone on for far too long. But there are some sky people who admit there is a big problem. I get frequent phonecalls sometimes once a week and sometimes once every 2 weeks. Yesterday she admitted they are still not where they should be and she also has the same problems at her home. She said she will call me in 2 weeks which to me seems the solution is still a long way off. But she will call sooner if there's a miracle happening along the way. I know it's awful and I'm fed up too but I appreciate they call me to explain. Here's to a miracle 👍

This message was authored by Sarah100 This message was authored by: Sarah100

Still not fixed. Skyq is really crap.

danny3434
Topic Author

So I had an "actual sky engineer" attend. With an actual sky van. 
he was apparently an advanced engineer. 

on arrival he asked if I was going to shout at him.  And that he had notes to come and prove that I couldnt possibly have the 15 faults I reported. 

I showed him every single fault. And he was shocked. (Or acted shocked) 

he replaced my main sky Q box and both mini boxes.  Claiming that he could tell the hard drive was faulty as it was moving scross the screen slowly. 

he then blamed my internet for most of my problems. 
mum on a fibre to the home internet so cannot have sky broadband. 
he said that skyQ was invented and optimised to work with sky broadband. As the mini boxes use the Wi-Fi to find the main box. And "alternative" routers wipe the name off the device and call them "unknown" which makes it hard to connect.

He supplied and installed a sky internet signal booster. (That usually have to pay for) 

he said only sky will connect onto it.  And it will trick the boxes into thinking it's sky broadband as it's a sky made booster. And will solve my mini box disconnections. 

and the more stable internet will solve my stacking issues. 

I immidiately noticed the picture quality vastly improved. And the speed of the box. 

but. All stacking issues remain. Tiles missing, wrong tiles.  Wrong episode names and descriptions all remain. 
I can't watch Alaskan bush people as the episodes are all screwed up. 

he told me to use the ".discovery" app as a work around.  But to do that I'm stuffed with loads of adverts, a slow app, and lower picture and sound quality. 

the  for new years I always watch the london fireworks live on tv.   Well I missed them.   This is what I was watching, (you can see my clock above the tv)

AD8E0373-DCF2-4496-A167-AE3544128398.jpeg

so ye , I missed the fireworks. 

so I may have a faster box,  and better picture quality.  But overall.   I'm WORSE OFF!!! 

so far I've had a £40 credit on my January DD. And an official complaint is live.  

im in talks with the engineer direct atm.  But will ring sky if I don't get anywhere 

This message was authored by Mormor1950 This message was authored by: Mormor1950

@danny3434 omg what a performance you went through. It really is unbelievable you were treated so badly by sky and I'm so sorry you missed the live fireworks. That will have been such a disappointment 😞 How can it be different sky departments treat their customers so differently? Incredible. And so disappointing.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion