Discussion topic: “Somewhere boy” new series WONT DOWNLOAD & Multiple Sky Q issues

This message was authored by danny3434 This message was authored by: danny3434

“Somewhere boy” new series WONT DOWNLOAD & Multiple Sky Q issues

Is anyone else having an issue with the show? 

I can see the 8 episodes.  But when I press download it's just says "failed, technical fault"

and nothing happens 

Moderator note: amended users title to add additional queries

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: “Somewhere boy” new series WONT DOWNLOAD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@danny3434 

The same is happening and I'm with Sky+ so send an email to the Viewer Relations team about this -  viewerR@sky.uk

Let them know what Sky box you have and that it is all 8 episodes that are failing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@danny3434 

The same is happening and I'm with Sky+ so send an email to the Viewer Relations team about this -  viewerR@sky.uk

Let them know what Sky box you have and that it is all 8 episodes that are failing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by KazKazzic This message was authored by: KazKazzic

• Exactly the same. Watched series 1 - 4 and tried downloading series 5.  It won't download. Failed Technical  Fault. So frustrating as I was enjoying it... 
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@KazKazzic wrote:
  • Exactly the same. Watched series 1 - 4 and tried downloading series 5.  It won't download. Failed Technical  Fault. So frustrating as I was enjoying it... 

Reported it?

This message was authored by KazKazzic This message was authored by: KazKazzic

How? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@caesarome wrote:

danny3434
Topic Author

Yes reported

This message was authored by roo1963 This message was authored by: roo1963

Same issue , reported.

danny3434
Topic Author

So episode 1-2 downloaded.  Watched them.  And now cannot download episode 3. 

pointless. 

so.

downloaded "coroner"  watched episodes 1 and 2.  And guess what.   CANNOT download episode 3. 

this is getting Rediculous now. 

what with all the stacking issues.  Recording issues.  Missed episodes. And now starting a series and cannot continue it.  It's beyond reasonable now. 

I pay well over £80 a month for this.  And can't watch anything.   
it's a complete and utter waste of my money. 

I would leave And join Virgin. But I can't. I'm not wired for it. 
so going to look into bt and talk talk tv instead 

this is beyond a joke now  

This message was authored by roo1963 This message was authored by: roo1963

The tournament now won't download ... the stacking issues are incredibly annoying,  sky please tell us what is going wrong.

danny3434
Topic Author

Re: Non stacking of recordings

The thing is. It's not just one issue.  It's many/multiple. For as much as a year now. 

1, stacking. 
2, "other folder"

3, in wrong order

4, missing episodes

5, wrong episode to the description. 
6. missing tile

7, wrong tile 

8, can't download episodes MID SERIES!!!!!! 
9, sky q mini box disconnect completely from the network!!
10, auto next episode fails

11, start of show cut off

12, end of show ended early. 
13, parental controls in place when all are switched off

14, some daily series change from "date order" to odd "number order" which don't correlate. Eg emerdale episode thursday. Then 250 between Tuesday.   When   E250 is first, Tuesday is 2nd and Thursday is 3rd. 
15, box states "no internet" when I'm loading my internet with no problem!

16,some things simply won't series link  like "martin lewis money shows" 

I've been fobbed off for the best part of a year on most of these issues. 
Both SKY, and it seems some customers on here seem to think it's "just a bit of a nuisance, and get on with it, 

I pay £81 PCM, with NO INTERNET OR PHONE in that.   (Sky can't provide it to me) 

1 of my mini boxes disconnected for 48 hours this week. And took 2.5 hours of trying to get it to re connect to finally get it back on.   It comes up asking is this is a new install onto my system.   Like it's never been installed before.  And takes ages to connect.  

I've been trying to watch "somewhere boy" for weeks.  I started not being able to download E1 at all.  I reported it multiple times.  And got generic "we know about the problem and are working on it" response. 
eventually I managed to download. Watched E1-2. Then 3rd won't download. MID SERIES!!!! 
so reported again.  generic reply again...  then eventually a week later I downloaded and watched 3-4-5. And guess what... tonight... I CANNOT download E6 at all!! 

"The Good Doctor"

new series.. I watched episode 1-2-  .  And what was called E3  but I was then really confused, as what I was watching didn't make sense.   It turned out I was watching E6 but it was called E3!!!  So that ruined that for me. Knowing the outcome before the story built up!! 

THIS IS NOT just a pain. It's NOT just annoying. 
it's dam right breach of contract!!! 

I am 12 months into my current "18 month deal contract"  which is another whole story in itself with skys tricky "game play" of a price structure!!! 

so I'm not ALLOWED to leave. (In contract)
im not ALLOWED to reduce what I pay. (Contract)
sky puts its prices up ALLOT mid contract. 
sky gives me no service in the contract??  I don't think so.

but im getting a VERY low service. At times zero working service. I work long days.  Mon-sat 12 hour days. 
I watch tv at night or on a Sunday.  When NOTHING LIVE is worth watching. 
my pool of sky recordings and Netflix is all I have. And I'm down  £81 a month.  And sitting here with the tv turned off in rage. 

SKY;  WHAT AM I PAYING FOR??????? 
maybe I should cancel my DD.  Let you take me to court. I'll see you there.  And I'll show the judge 200 pictures of failed downloads. And lack of service. For a year!!  I'll counter and get back the last 12 months of fees!!!! 

get it into your heads.  This isn't a "little niggle" to fob us off with.  
VIRGIN MEDIA here I come in march!!! 

oh btw, I called up,  spent 2 HOURS on the phone.  Got cut off when I asked for a discount and back credit.   Spent ages with a tech guy that made no benefit.  In fact with my 48hour mini box disconnected I'm worse off for it.     
Aparantly I'm getting a 1 off £35 credit on my account.  
but that's all!!!
nothing back and nothing going forwards.

so time for a reprot to OFCOM!

OFCOM don't look into 1 off individual complaints  so I suggest everyone does this.  So OFCOM will look into them.  

This message was authored by s...... This message was authored by: s......

@danny3434 

Brilliantly put... Well said !! 

This message was authored by Tomthecatty This message was authored by: Tomthecatty

@danny3434 

Have to agree with most of what you say. I've been lucky with downloads, never had a problem although don't really download much.

Also been fortunate with my minibox, only ever had a couple of connection issues and they've been solved by rebooting both boxes. 

It's the lack of urgency with the appalling stacking problem and the missing thumbnails that has really cheesed me off. (Was going to say something else but don't want to be caught again by the policing on this forum). 

Sky will need to have solved these major issues and offer me a substantial reduction for me stay when my contract finishes next year. 

danny3434
Topic Author

@Tomthecatty 

It's my understanding that if you have 1 mini box the disconnection is infrequent, but I have 2 . 

When reconnecting 1, it often throws off the 2nd. 
and it's not just a disconnection that "reconnects" or "rejoins"  it's like it's been completely deleted and FORGOTTEN. 
mot acts like I've just brought sky q and setting up for the 1st time. 

it comes up with a screen that says 

"we will ask you a MAXIMUM of 3 questions"

is this a new installation? Have you changed your Wi-Fi password.? Have you brought a new internet router? 

man's it can take an hour to install. That's a good day.  If it knocks the other off.  I could have all 3 boxes tied up trying to re connect all 3. 

this has been since original install. So YEARS!! 

On average 2-3 times a month   But can be every week! 

my parents have 2 really old original "sky plus" boxes. And are having small issues.  They can put use any pay per view, or box sets.  And the only "resolve"they have been told is we "buy" 2 newest boxes. Or upgrade to skyq.  They are elderly, disabled. And can barely operate a smart phone.  There is no way on earth I would "upgrade" them to sky q.  It would be a massive "downgrade" 

danny3434
Topic Author

72152E79-D6B8-4A12-BA5B-A152E9DD6370.jpeg

 SO FED UP WITH BATTLING SKY OVER THIS

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion