Discussion topic: Sky VIP - discovery+ available at no extra cost on Sky Marketplace

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Sky VIP - discovery+ available at no extra cost on Sky Marketplace

@FP1997 wrote:
discovery+ available at no extra cost on Sky Marketplace!

At Sky, we believe that right now, value is more important than ever, which is why we’re excited to announce that discovery+ will now be included with Sky TV subscriptions at no extra cost.

What’s happening?

As of last week (11/1) Sky TV customers can enjoy even more great entertainment with discovery+ included at no extra cost. A monthly subscription usually costs £6.99 a month when purchased directly through discovery+, providing great value for money to our Sky TV customers.

What will I have access to?

With the discovery+ subscription, customers will be given full access to the Entertainment and Sports tier, unlocking the true Eurosport experience, which compliments the Eurosport channels currently included with Sky. Featuring eye-opening documentaries, must-see reality, exclusive originals spanning true crime, paranormal, dating and relationships, home, food, plus some of the most exciting live sports events, Sky TV customers can enjoy a bumper discovery+ line-up.

Customers on the previous 12 months free offer will automatically be moved over to the new offer in the coming months. In the meantime, these customers can access the additional Eurosport content from 11 January.

Note: a Sky TV subscription is required on Q, Glass or Stream to access discovery+

How do I set it up?

Sky Q, Sky Glass, and Sky Stream customers can set up their discovery+ account on Sky Marketplace. More information on Sky Marketplace can be found here.

Note: This offer is only available to Sky TV subscribers, excluding Sky Q Lite, Sky + and Essentials customers.

Hi all. 

I currently have Discovery+ free with Sky VIP, do I need to do anything to continue to get Discovery+ for free? I went to the Sky Marketplace and Discovery+ is not present.

I have the Sky Signature & HD packs on Sky Q in Ireland. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

Re: Sky VIP - discovery+ available at no extra cost on Sky Marketplace

As far as Sky state we don't do anything and VIP subs get automatically moved over... 

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-tv-customers-to-get-discovery-including-its-full-entertai...

Sky TV customers already enjoying the12-months’ discovery+ Entertainmentpass will now be able to access the discovery+ Entertainment and Sport service on an ongoing basis as part of their Sky TV package. Those customers will be automatically upgraded.

I'm on my third year of VIP and now have access to the sports streams.

(...and the linear channels that I was previously unable to get on the IOS app and desktop site which previously asked you to contact your provider) 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous all I had to do was to log into Discovery+ again and it automatically waa updated to having sports 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Plektrum wrote:

As far as Sky state we don't do anything and VIP subs get automatically moved over... 

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-tv-customers-to-get-discovery-including-its-full-entertai...

Sky TV customers already enjoying the12-months’ discovery+ Entertainmentpass will now be able to access the discovery+ Entertainment and Sport service on an ongoing basis as part of their Sky TV package. Those customers will be automatically upgraded.

I'm on my third year of VIP and now have access to the sports streams.

(...and the linear channels that I was previously unable to get on the IOS app and desktop site which previously asked you to contact your provider) 

OH!!!! I thought that meant for when people PAID Discovery+, like seperately to Sky. Ahhhh! I see!

Thank you. 

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

I wasnt aware we had access to this for nothing.. so thanks for letting us know.

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I just noticed it last night. It's a good thing to have, especially with the merger of BT sports?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion