Discussion topic: Sky Sports

This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

Sky Sports

When I first got Sky in 1993, we had Premier League Football, European Football, International Football, Spanish Football, and possibly more.

Now, we have only some Premier League Football.

No European ( Champions League) Football

No International Football

No Spanish Football.

Did the price decrease, not in the slightest, how do these lesser Companies, manage to outbid Sky frequently.

Not really good enough.

Tim

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nigel19076  If you don't believe the service is value for money then perhaps you need to consider whether its worth keeping 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Nigel19076 wrote:

When I first got Sky in 1993,

In 1993, BT were not bidding for football and other sports rights and neither were the likes of Amazon, Sky pretty much had everything to themselves but times change and we live in a different world now, a world where not one company is allowed to hold all the rights to Premier League football for example. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Nigel19076 wrote:

When I first got Sky in 1993, we had Premier League Football, European Football, International Football, Spanish Football, and possibly more.

Now, we have only some Premier League Football.

No European ( Champions League) Football

No International Football

No Spanish Football.

Did the price decrease, not in the slightest, how do these lesser Companies, manage to outbid Sky frequently.

Not really good enough.

Your comparing sports from 29 years ago! I think that's an incredibly unfair thing to do. I think your best bet is to look at BT Sports, Premier Sports, Sky Sports, online sports providers and see which one suits you the best. 

Nigel19076
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

You miss the point, it's a constant loss of content, with no replacement.

Tim
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Nigel19076 wrote:

You miss the point, it's a constant loss of content, with no replacement.

Whilst you're correct about the rest, there's more Premier League football on Sky this season than ever before. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion